Fishing the Coronados 2019

Gabriel John

Apr 2, 2018
Tustin, CA
Name
Gabriel John
Boat
Jolly Mon
Hello I was wondering if any of you fellas know of any new regulation for fishing the Coronado Islands and also how to get your FMM or whatever it may be to get permitted to fish in Mexican waters. I know if you are 12 miles from land all you need is a passport and mexican fishing license and possibly a few bucks if things get hairy. Appreciate the help.

Reactions: BullFrogVI
Upvote 0

Ctony.clark

Jun 14, 2012
Carlsbad, Ca, u.s.a.
Name
Tony Clark
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
Hello I was wondering if any of you fellas know of any new regulation for fishing the Coronado Islands and also how to get your FMM or whatever it may be to get permitted to fish in Mexican waters. I know if you are 12 miles from land all you need is a passport and mexican fishing license and possibly a few bucks if things get hairy. Appreciate the help.
Call Fisherman’s Tackle, H &M Sportfishing, Seaforth Sportfishing or, Dana Landing, all of them can hook you up.

Reactions: Gabriel John
Upvote 0

TAPOUT

Sep 17, 2004
San Diego
Name
Erik
Boat
Cabo 48 FB "Outlaw", Yellowfin 26 Hybrid "Boomer"
Use the Search function, this topic is covered very well. Short of that, Mex. fishing license, FMM, bracelet, Passport, proof of Insurance, radio operators license, etc...
All of this is subject to the interpretation of the person requesting it.

Upvote 0

BullFrogVI

Retired USN SEAL
Jun 19, 2008
SAN DIEGO CA
Name
GENE WARDROBE
Boat
24 WA' SEAPRO W/225HP MERC VERADO
Hi John
Sorry for late reply. Go to httpps://www.californiasportfishing.org/fmm-visitor-forms. This site contains a 3-step process complete with easy instructions to pay for your FMM visas, fill out your passenger manifest, and how to send both as attachments to [email protected] for approval. Don't forget to click the translate button if needed. I have been stopped five times during the past few years and have never had a problem with Mexican Navy. They have always treated me professionally and there was never a "hint" of a bribe or unprofessional conduct. Most of the time they have civilian fishery guys on board and their focus is preservation and courtesy. You are correct, you need mex. fishing license and your passport or passport card for every person on board. The owner of the boat needs to apply for a "Boat Permit" It costs $50 but is good for 10 years. The permit comes with a decal for the windshield. Otherwise, you just need the fmm each time you go to the 9MS, Rockpile, or Coronados. The bracelett is new, have not had to get one of those yet. The worse I have had was my mex lic had expired the day before I went fishing and I did't realize they were expired. When I was stopped I already had my limits, they just said appologetically, you must return to USA - don't forget to renew your lic:)). Hope this helps - tight lines.

Reactions: Otto and SMYLEE
Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Has anyone fished the Coronados area without a bracelet ? And been Checked ?

Upvote 0