mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
There will be hundreds of rods there. Seekers, Sabres, Calstar, Truline, Phenix, Shimano and many others. If you can't find a good deal it is because you got there too late. I usually bring 20 or 30 nice rods to sell but I always bring a thousand dollars in case I run into a good deal on a rod or reel that I am looking for.

Upvote 0

Goldenglory18

Oct 1, 2015
Kirkland, WA
Name
Kenny Thompson
Boat
Back to Plastic
Anyone ever score any good deals from one these events? Looking to pick up a new rod to pair up with a SX Raptor.

I went to a small one a few weeks back and I could have spent a mint. There were A LOT of rods there. Custom wrap jig sticks, classic USA Sabres, and everything in between. Lures, hooks, lead, line, hell there was even a guy there selling outboard motors. If its saltwater fishing related, you can find them at the swapmeets.

Upvote 0

styxchaser

REALLY OLD GUY
Jun 1, 2005
OJAI, CA
Name
STYX
Boat
HAPPILY NONE
Don't jump on the first thing you see. Some better deals are in the back and middle of the area where smaller seller are trying to get rid of stuff they own to buy more stuff they will sell in the future.

The big sellers also have some decent prices and better selections, but they are businesses and may not be be as eager to deal.

Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Has Moderator Powers
Nov 28, 2003
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Making the trip up to see some friends, pick up my Moon wrapped rods with matching pliers. And see what deals I can find on a D8 and 5x.
Should be fun.

Reactions: TUNAGUY664
Upvote 0