Captain
Mar 2, 2012
Calabasas, Calif. USA
Name
Marc
Boat
Inflatable
Hi all:

Here’s a question I’ve never seen asked on BD before...

I have a variety of reels from different manufacturers (Okuma, Shimano, Diawa, Penn, Accurate, etc.) and I’d like to buy some reel covers. Instead of buying individually from all the different brands, is there one brand you would recommend that makes quality, good fitting covers?

Also, I saw a new Diawa reel cover on-line with a clear “isinglass” window over the spool, with neoprene sides. This window allows you to see each reel without taking off the cover. Has anyone seen these in person, and if so, how do they look from a functional and quality perspective? If they are really as advertised, it looks like a good idea.

Thanks,

Marc S.

Last edited:

InDeepShip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
Do you really need to see your line under a reel cover? I think there is a guy on here that used to make them custom.

dave_k

Feb 26, 2008
Westlake Village
Name
Dave
Boat
Whaler
Hey Mark,
Since you’re in Calabasas swing by Bob Sands in Van Nuys. They have all sizes of reel covers with their logo on them that will fit just about anything. Bring your reels too to make sure they fit right.

Reactions: mcrae

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Never used the see through type but think Dave has a good recommendation.

I like my Longfin logo covers as they make all my mismatch reels look somewhat consistent. They are about 6 bucks if I recall correctly and come in different colors. I think most bigger tackle shops are going to have some.

Paulo Grandez

Sep 28, 2014
Name
Paulo
Boat
N/A
I use the generic reel covers from Bob Sands. A lot of local tackle shops carry this reel cover with their branding etched on it. They're good and cheap and made in the USA. They come in a variety of colors so I use blue for my small reels Green from a medium-sized reels and red, large reels

Reactions: mcrae

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Accurate has some nice ones too. They’re on their website.

punted coho

Jan 29, 2013
buckley wa
Name
josh
Boat
Yes
I use a couple of the generic bass pro “ocean master” on my daiwa electric reels. Work fine for what I need and cheap. Come in a few sizes too.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
why buy the generic ones ..cant you afford name brand?

Ready4TheYellow

The Fishing Guru
Mar 15, 2006
Lomita
Name
Steve
Boat
The Fishing SHO
I personally think the Island Fishing Tackle ones look best on the boats and protects your investments. The matching rod covers are nice too.

Reactions: TEAMFISH