backfisher

Jun 9, 2017
San Diego
Name
Richard
Boat Name
If I only...
Hi All,

I will be visiting my brother in Oregon in mid July for a one day fishing trip out of Ilwalco. he says that we will be fishing for salmon, but has no information other than that (I guess a friend of his is chartering the boat). Can anyone give me any guidance on what type of fishing we will be doing and what I would need to bring in terms of gear, clothing, anything I might want or need to bring along? I am assuming that it will be quite different from the 1-3 day trips I am used to here in So Cal. If it is useful information, there will be 12 people on the trip.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
  • May 22, 2013
    some where on the water
    Name
    Pat
    Boat Name
    High on the Goat
    12 people means your going on a bigger boat probably around 50 ft. They provide all the fishing gear and bait. You will be mooching with a weight and either a chovi or hearning. You have to pack your own food and drinks. There are no Galley on the boat might be a microwave you can use. You never know what the weather is gonna be. Be pepaprep for cold and rain or mid 80s you never know around here. You might wanna call the charter office with your question about the boat.

Upvote 0

Fowlplay

May 20, 2009
    Longview, WA
    Name
    Mitchell
    Boat Name
    Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
    More then likely you will be dragging diver and bait for coho/chinook. The boats out of Ilwaco provide the gear. You just need clothes for all conditions and food. The rods they provide will more the likely be on the heavier side. Contact the charter to see if you can bring your own setup.

Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
    Aug 10, 2008
    Lacey WA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
    bring sea-ick pills or the patch.

Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
    Sep 1, 2009
    Hollywood
    Name
    Brian
    Boat Name
    Tiderunner
    Upvote 0

backfisher

Jun 9, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Richard
    Boat Name
    If I only...
    Thanks for all the information. I finally have the charter operators name, so I will give them a call.

Fortunately I don’t get seasick, my brother on the other hand...

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat Name
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    Thanks for all the information. I finally have the charter operators name, so I will give them a call.

Fortunately I don’t get seasick, my brother on the other hand...

I thought that too before I went offshore from WA the first time. Take some meds just in case!

Upvote 0