I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
This topic was discussed on my local forum, just want to share my experience here as well, hope it could be of some help.

My hometown in china just went through the quarantine and 3 key lessons learned are:
  • stay away from the crowd as most people are asymptomatic (so stay home or go fishing:food-smiley-014:)
  • the death rate was high mainly in areas where medical system was stressed and patient couldn't get timely help; other areas had much lower death rate, so NO need to panic. Follow the first bullet above will help avoid getting sick during the peak window. The medical system will pick up eventually and it's much less risky to get sick then
  • most transmission was through contact, so I would suggest to avoid crowded fishing spots. I've had a video on how to find your own spot before, re-posted below (it's in chinese, but I added english subtitles)

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
We went this morning until the rain became uncomfortable.

It was difficult to keep our six feet of separation from the other anglers - on a 17 foot skiff. However, we managed to survive and are all alive and well.

Launched out of Oceanside, caught some cod.

Reactions: Ali and Kareem Korn

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
We went this morning until the rain became uncomfortable.

It was difficult to keep our six feet of separation from the other anglers - on a 17 foot skiff. However, we managed to survive and are all alive and well.

Launched out of Oceanside, caught some cod.
I have a over night trip leaving this
Coming Saturday night ,
On the Eldorado, with four friends,
I hope we get to go.

joey997

Jan 19, 2020
Nevada City
Name
Joey Hernandez
Boat
Seaswirl Striper 2150
offshore is the only place you can't catch corona virus lol

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Not another virus post....WTF ....

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I have a over night trip leaving this
Coming Saturday night ,
On the Eldorado, with four friends,
I hope we get to go.
I just Received A Email , that Long Beach Sportfishing just Canceled all
there trips, till April 1st, that sucks.

SeaDawg

Grouper Hunter
Mar 18, 2003
Key West
Name
Harry
Boat
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
I'm fishin!!!! I support of all my brother's during this current crisis, I am givin up my best fishin numbers - they are right here! Don't share them with anyone!!
15492540_1382676931752115_8577470127905319619_n.jpg

Reactions: pacificscout

fishingap

Sep 14, 2014
san diego
www.tipsharing.com
Name
Ian Sun
Boat
fishingap
shocked by today's state-wide shelter in place! I thought most fishing spots provide far more sufficient social distance, especially in early morning hours or late nights.

Mar 25, 2020
Kansas City
Name
Novy Pals
Boat
Fishing Boat
This topic was discussed on my local forum, just want to share my experience here as well, hope it could be of some help.

My hometown in china just went through the quarantine and 3 key lessons learned are:
  • stay away from the crowd as most people are asymptomatic (so stay home or go fishing:food-smiley-014:)
  • the death rate was high mainly in areas where medical system was stressed and patient couldn't get timely help; other areas had much lower death rate, so NO need to panic. Follow the first bullet above will help avoid getting sick during the peak window. The medical system will pick up eventually and it's much less risky to get sick then
  • most transmission was through contact, so I would suggest to avoid crowded fishing spots. I've had a video on how to find your own spot before, re-posted below (it's in chinese, but I added english subtitles)
Thank you for your experience. This helped me very much!