GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
IMAG0767.jpg
Had the best winter YT bite I have seen at the Nados in the past two years. I landed 3 and the boat landed over 60 with at least 5 lost to tackle or lack of skill. Paying my dues the last two trips finally paid off. Super stoked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Looks WAY more fun than my day. :appl:

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
    Nov 16, 2010
    La Mesa
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    American Angler
    The San Diego catches them, PERIOD!! Congrats....

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
    Aug 6, 2012
    Valencia, CA
    Name
    Anthony Hicks
    Boat
    Good Deal
    All fish came on the Salas 7x Jr. In the bird shit color. And I agree with you guys, booger runs the best 3/4 day in SD period. Although I will say, the food wasn't great. Regardless, I won't fish any other 3/4 day boat when the San Diego is online.

Upvote 0

30lbbg2299

Pinhead
    Mar 17, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    Creek co tube.
    sick i was going to get out there but just couldnt time it right for myself. Wish i would've gone after looking at the reports now

Upvote 0

simmo13

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 12, 2010
    Lb inshore
    Name
    Simmo
    Boat
    19’ baja bayrunner!!!!!
    Tough cookie, u get 3 toads and u still heckle the food? I'd eat cardboard to land 3 yellows.

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
    Aug 6, 2012
    Valencia, CA
    Name
    Anthony Hicks
    Boat
    Good Deal
    Well anyone that has read any of my posts knows that I tell it like it is. I honestly love that boat, but they need to get a good cook to go along with the great captain and crew.

So to update on the tackle: I was fishing straight 50lb mono with a new Penn Squall 25n that I picked up from a fellow bder. Super impressed with that reel. Casts great and has excellent drag even when locked pretty tight

As for technique: some of the fish were crashing the surface so some of the more skilled guys were tossing towards them letting it sink half way and cranking fast and getting bit. But most fish were caught right off the bottom.

Upvote 0