this is my first time fishing. i was wondering what should i have with me. rods/reels setup, hooks, lures, jig etc. i hope to get a yellowtail.
He's going on a 3/4 day not a 3 day1. 40lb yo-yo rig.
2. 30-40lb casting rig for irons.
3. 25-30lb fly-line rig (#2 from above could do double duty).
4. 15-20lb fly-line rig (for smaller baits and/or if the YT are refusing the heavier lined bigger baits)
5. Fluoro leader for #2 and #3 above
6. 1/4 and 3/8 oz egg sinkers to force fly-lined baits to go a little deeper than w/o sinker.
7. 1/0-2/0 live bait hooks
8. 2/0-3/0 circle hooks (optional)
9. call landing for iron colors that have been working (usually blue/white, scramble egg)
George or Renee will get you set up once onboard.
Tell the deck hand you have no idea what the hell you are doing ... and please don't let me do anything stupid, you would be surprised how much help that gets you