Fishing NPH 06-05...

HALITAIL

May 20, 2010
RSM/Ca/USA
Name
Mike
Gonna be taking my old bass canoe to NPH tomorrow and have a little bass tourny with the pops. Its been quite sometime since we've fished the harbor, so I was wondering if anybody knows where the hot spots are and some pointers?

LOSTBOY

Jun 1, 2009
hb
Name
Hai
Boat
yak
ghost shrimp, anchovies and some 4" halloween swim baits is what i usually use and do well with there.

Jason0989

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
Name
Jason
Boat
Float Tube
3 inch big hammer with unibutter, just about any color works fine with me. Try to get there early, thats when I catch most of my fish. Remember to CPR- Capture Picture Release. Good luck!

HALITAIL

May 20, 2010
RSM/Ca/USA
Name
Mike
Thanks for the info! I Always CPR... Even on the legals. Picked up a few different Gulp! products. Some copper penny shrimp, jerk shads, and camoed sand worms.

fishnbob

Spongebob wannabe
Mar 31, 2010
HB
Name
bob
Boat
Nope
You can launch at the coast guard station. Just do a google search for the address then got to google maps. Get there early so you can get a spot especially on the weekends. It is close to the bait barge. You can try fishing at pirates cove which is close to the bait barge. It is good for halibut. Also try the docks for the bass. Any dock usually has the bass on them.

HALITAIL

May 20, 2010
RSM/Ca/USA
Name
Mike
So we went today.... I got 6 spottys, 2 sandys, and 1 LEGAL halibut. Got the hali literally on my 2nd cast. Pops got 3 spottys, 1 sandy, a yellowfin croaker, and hooked onto something huge that almost spooled him! Too light of line.... Oh well, it was a pretty good day.

Sheldon

Mar 15, 2010
La Puente, Ca.
Name
Sheldon
Boat
none
Sounds like a good time!!! Congrats on the legal halibut. I need to get out there and rent a skiff again with my 2 sons. We always catch fish and have a good time too.

Aug 2, 2009
HB
Name
Mike
Boat
Shamrock CC
Legal Hali, wow good job! I haven't heard of a legal Hali out of NPH in a long while.

greenley

Used Registerer
Jun 1, 2007
Orange
Name
/
Boat
Tarpon 140
Nice job! Where'd you end up launching?

The big-un was undoubtedly a big bat ray...you can sight cast plastics to them in the shallows on light line if you like to torture yourself.