Hector1

Hector
Feb 12, 2012
Ashley Heath, Dorset, UK
Name
Craig Harnett
Boat
None
Just got back from Cabo. You can get Covid tests on site at the airport. Mexico is being much stricter than we are about Covid. But did not ruin the trip what so ever. Had a great time

View attachment 1259101
Do you mean you can get a test just before boarding your flight, or do you have to go there 3 days before? Also, what’s the cost for the test?
Did you get the yellowtail on jigs or bait?

Reactions: Bien Machin

acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat
Always changing
Do you mean you can get a test just before boarding your flight, or do you have to go there 3 days before? Also, what’s the cost for the test?
Did you get the yellowtail on jigs or bait?
I did mine at the hotel. But my buddy went to the airport 3 hours before his flight and it took him 25 minutes to get his results then headed on in.

Yellow was caught on bait on a Carolina rig with 1oz led dropped to the bottom in about 80 feet of water. We fished jigs from top to bottom for about 2 and half hours before with a couple bites but no takers

Piizzii

🐟
Oct 17, 2020
Moreno Valley, CA
Name
Piizzii
Boat
No
There is a service as well in which they will come to your hotel and test you. It’s about $30 and they need 3 hours lead time. We did not need this as we flew in and out of Tijuana but if you will fly into us directly it is required. You do not need a covid test if you use regular border crossing or CBX. Only required for international air travel flying across the border.

Tahoewahoo

Aug 18, 2020
Nevada
Name
Thorolf Teigen
Boat
Big
Any recommendations for captains in loreto?
I fished with Capitan Manuel Torres and his sobrino Luis for 3 out of 4 days last week targeting the YT. The mornings began with a 6 am departure from the marina on the panga Dorita. Manuel made some improvements to the panga during the shutdown last year and it is clean and comfortable. You go north for a 15 minute ride to jig for mackerel with shrimp fly rigs on the southern tip of Isla Coronado. After we snagged a couple of dozen we went in one of 3 different direction for the 3 days of fishing. First day north to San Bruno with 10 hook ups and 8 on the deck. Next day we circled Isla Carmen, chased some boils, practiced our casting, and ended up with 4 on the deck. Whales and dolphins were a bonus on that day as well as observing the incredible beauty of the rock formations that make up the island. The final day after the same morning jig, we took a chance and ventured out to a reef area north of the island and were the only boat in site. It was a classic glass day on the Sea of Cortez. You could see any surface disturbance for miles and there were none. We dropped to the bottom with our live bait and wham wham. We limited out with 15 YT from 18 - 24 lbs by 11 am. I would book again with Torres Sportsfishing in a heartbeat.

Heatmaster75

That was fast....
Jul 20, 2019
Western Montana
Name
Rather Be Fishing
Boat
Harbercraft
Thats good news. Getting ready to head down there next month for at least 4 days on the water. love those sunrises!
20191109_063009.jpg

Reactions: Dogman619