Navanax

Almost A Member
Mar 26, 2009
Whidbey Island
Name
Ken
Boat
16' C-Dory, Red Snapper
I love lingcod fishing and spearing as much as the next person. But to see six boats fishing inside the Edmonds Marine Park this morning was stunning. Some on top of divers. Of course the police get called, the city gets called, and everyone on the beach is taking pictures of the boats and people.

I know no one in the brotherhood would ever do it. Simply asking to keep an eye out for the wingnuts that think this is acceptable and call them in.

I have been doing research on lingcod in the park for over a decade and that park generates thousands of baby lingcod and rockfish every year. Fishing in there is not only illegal and dangerous to the divers, it is killing the golden goose.

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
  • May 9, 2010
    North of Kali!
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    3 and counting!
    MPA's or should we call them private playgrounds suck!

Ducker!

Upvote 0

NoraK

Jan 31, 2015
    Name
    Andy
    Boat
    Grady White Sailfish
    I was on the Edmonds-Kingston ferry yesterday around noon and saw the same thing! Didn't think to take any pics... wish I did. But I only saw 4 boats...

Upvote 0

Jaksonbrown

May 10, 2010
    snohomish,wa
    Name
    Cory
    Boat
    28' Kingfisher Weekender "The Wild Rose"
    I love lingcod fishing and spearing as much as the next person. But to see six boats fishing inside the Edmonds Marine Park this morning was stunning. Some on top of divers. Of course the police get called, the city gets called, and everyone on the beach is taking pictures of the boats and people.

I know no one in the brotherhood would ever do it. Simply asking to keep an eye out for the wingnuts that think this is acceptable and call them in.

I have been doing research on lingcod in the park for over a decade and that park generates thousands of baby lingcod and rockfish every year. Fishing in there is not only illegal and dangerous to the divers, it is killing the golden goose.

I'm with you Ken. But pitchin MPA protection to this crowd is kinda like talking Conservative politics to a Seattle libtard on May Day. It goes nowhere and only pisses them off. LMAO!!!

Upvote 0

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
  • Aug 10, 2008
    Kitsap WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    Boulton
    I'm with you Ken. But pitchin MPA protection to this crowd is kinda like talking Conservative politics to a Seattle libtard on May Day. It goes nowhere and only pisses them off. LMAO!!!

Yeah, cause once you start MPA's, they only continue and expand.

Simple as that.

Reactions: Odin7
    Upvote 0

Hunter Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 30, 2011
    Stauffer
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    MUGWUMP
    I was working that area on Sunday with my dad. I saw two boats around 10:30 get just inside two buoys on the south side of the park. One had motor issues when the fire dept rousted them and drifted a bit further in before his motor fired. Was not fishing at that point. After that the fire dept boat settled in to keep others from fishing the ferry dock after the ferry puled out. We did take a ling from about 100yds away from the park boundary and saw one other caught nearby. We were off the water before noon, so dont know what happened during the rest of the day, but the 'slips' over the buoy boundary I observed were not egregious or malicious. Was nice that the fire dept asked how we were doing as they motored by to roust the other boats!

Upvote 0