fishbadger

Apr 6, 2012
WA
Name
fishbadger
Boat
.Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
True actually.

The shitty thing about all of this, is if we (ie. the US, rest of world) play it just perfectly in terms of level of shutdown and isolation, and are able to save as many people as possible, then in retrospect it will look like we grossly over-reacted. And that's if we play it perfectly. There's just not a win in this. It's all a huge bummer.

Stay safe all (even you G-tard),

fb

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Bacon, Egg and cheese biscuit??? For shits sake...are you trying to kill yourself??
I know!! Totally irresponsible! Not my norm, but was in a hurry out the door and needed a little something in the belly!

We actually have chickens that are more like my wife’s pets....very well cared for organic eggs are the usual breakfast, so today I was being risky! She let’s her chickens out to roam around all day, so they are even free range if you’re into that healthy phrase! 😄

Reactions: laguna tuna

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Truly wasting words on you g-spot is no longer worth it. You’re ignorance is fucking ridiculous
The dude simply stated a point that fishing safer than a trip to Safeway or trusting strangers making your to go food and yet needs all of you to say you don’t like him or call him names?!?!? And yet he has followed orders to not fish?....how many thooooooousands hit Safeway this weekend alone???

We are allowed to debate this and only the future will provide us the answers.

I do know this....I know no one that has had it let alone died from it.... I have thousands of my customer’s folks laid off, 3 200 plus customers likely folding up, and a hand full of self employed friends in serious trouble.

For someone’s brain to think taking yourself out on your boat fishing is little to no danger to society and that makes them an asshole and I don’t like you is pretty fucked up.

Is anyone actually fishing?? No! We are all dominating our honey do lists!

ps....I’m all for saying fuck it and going fishing but too chicken....the folks ripping someone thinking it is safe don’t give one ounce of shit to someone who publicly shared trying to go today??!!

Last edited:

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
Fuck them river, shoreline and dock assholes and let us launch our boats and fish!! I promise to stay out of casting distance from you assholes!

ha ha

Reactions: G-Spot

sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Maybe somebody should start a name calling thread and leave this one for sharing opinions on fishing. I did see an interesting story today. Washington state is sending 400 ventilators back to the Fed for use in other states as we believe we have ample capacity. This is the first time I have heard the news carrying stories that the curve is flattening in our state. There is hope we will be fishing soon and more importantly putting people back to work. The story is on King5.

"Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said the state will return more than 400 ventilators of the 500 it has received from the federal government so they can go to New York and other states hit harder by the coronavirus.

The Democratic governor said Sunday that his statewide stay-at-home order and weeks of social distancing have led to slower rates of infections and deaths in Washington."

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
It’s gonna be weird on the docks. Now that we’ve made so many friends debating the corona virus bullshit.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
It’s gonna be weird on the docks. Now that we’ve made so many friends debating the corona virus bullshit.
Actually I don’t think anything will change because we have always treated each otheR like sht on this board:) Ha ha
You know I aint lyin

you also know we are there for each other on the big blue:)

unless you get too close then you can expect them to cast them 8 9oz jigs through your glass! Ha ha

rexor_rn

Mangingisda
Sep 22, 2016
HOLLYWOOD
Name
Mananagat
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Maybe somebody should start a name calling thread and leave this one for sharing opinions on fishing. I did see an interesting story today. Washington state is sending 400 ventilators back to the Fed for use in other states as we believe we have ample capacity. This is the first time I have heard the news carrying stories that the curve is flattening in our state. There is hope we will be fishing soon and more importantly putting people back to work. The story is on King5.

"Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said the state will return more than 400 ventilators of the 500 it has received from the federal government so they can go to New York and other states hit harder by the coronavirus.

The Democratic governor said Sunday that his statewide stay-at-home order and weeks of social distancing have led to slower rates of infections and deaths in Washington."
YES because you have a Determined Governor up there same us our‘s here in Gov. Newsom down South.

These GREAT Leaders were consistent in letting Science and Data guide their everyday Decisions in Dealing with this Public Health Crises.

It now starting to show the Positive Impact of Social Distancing. Had they Let some Deniers, Cynics, and Skeptics who now Morphed in to Handful COVIDIOTS then Washington and California will never see a Light at the End of the Tunnel this Time.

Letting our Guards Down by Listening to them is like Cutting off the Parachute even before we can Land our Feet on the Ground!

Sacrificing the Greater Good for their Selfishness and Feeling Self-Entitled Behaviors will make our Chances and ability to go back to FISHING Longer.

Hence, the More we Obey and Follow the Self Quarantine Guidelines the Faster we can Get Over this Pandemic and get back our lives to Normalcy.

Reactions: bducky and bdrlgion

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Don't forget to get in at least 40 minutes of aerobic exercize a day to help keep yourselves, and America, strong.

Reactions: G-Spot

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
A great read.

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
So with school's shut down for the year what's the over under on fishing being shutdown through June.

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
So with school's shut down for the year what's the over under on fishing being shutdown through June.
Their intent is all year. They will just keep extending. My sons school is out for the rest of the year and next fall is at risk also.

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
Their intent is all year. They will just keep extending. My sons school is out for the rest of the year and next fall is at risk also.
Yep my kid to..

And now wdfw said guranteed May 4 with further restrictions possible..so leaving the door open to extended closures.

We are screwed.

OMEGA

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 17, 2007
WA
Name
MCS
Boat
40 Cabo FB
Where does Tuna fit into all this? No limit so can wdfw say you can't tuna fish? If this gets to the point of all summer being closed in WA I will be looking at my options to go to OR or Canada. Maybe I will finally be forced to try tuna fishing off of Vancouver Island. Perhaps a combo trip to Winter Harbor.
More immediate is I am right at 1 yr since I replaced zincs and did a haulout. I normally do 9 months but with this Pandemic I have been putting off all non essential activities but there is a limit on how long you can live like that. I am scheduled for Sunday to do a 2 hr hang so I can do my annual maintenance below waterline. I am doing my part to avoid contact with others but I am not about to let neglect my boat.
Come July I will be on the water just a matter what direction I go.

Wild Bill

Remind me again why I own a boat
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
I can’t wait to hear about the co managers taking our quotas from our forgone opportunities. The longer we are off the water the more real this is a possibility.

tacklejacked

Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
Where does Tuna fit into all this? No limit so can wdfw say you can't tuna fish? If this gets to the point of all summer being closed in WA I will be looking at my options to go to OR or Canada. Maybe I will finally be forced to try tuna fishing off of Vancouver Island. Perhaps a combo trip to Winter Harbor.
More immediate is I am right at 1 yr since I replaced zincs and did a haulout. I normally do 9 months but with this Pandemic I have been putting off all non essential activities but there is a limit on how long you can live like that. I am scheduled for Sunday to do a 2 hr hang so I can do my annual maintenance below waterline. I am doing my part to avoid contact with others but I am not about to let neglect my boat.
If your in Washington waters they can enforce any kind of fishing if fishing is closed...but if you go south and land back in wa shouldn't be a problem..

And I'm just hoping we can get into Canada this year..my cabin booked for Nootka sounds really good right about now...

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
I think we can count on May being shot. Hopefully we can get it back in June, but that would be out of character for WDFW.

Something tells me that fishing will be one of the last things to turn back on as it is considered only “recreational”. I just have a hard time seeing anyone (WDFW, the governor) standing up for fishing this year when there are special interest groups in their ear pushing against it.

Anyone know what they are doing with the trout plants? Are they stocking like usual, or is that non-essential? Seems like WDFW is trying to make everyone a hatchery trout fisherman, but that is one fishery (at least openers) that is NOT conducive to social distancing.

jonbackman

Nov 20, 2011
Bellingham, WA
Name
Jon Backman
Boat
2009 Defiance Admiral 220ex
I’ve been thinking Canada is the option as well, as I’m located pretty close and can get my boat in the water. Just checked the info on getting a Canadian license:
981743F2-428F-4E24-B670-DC3C72D28976.png

• Angry
Reactions: bdrlgion

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
Jul 15, 2009
Woodinville, WA
Name
Casey
Boat
23 Pacific

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Don’t you dare bring tuna fishing into this.

Last edited: