Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
I doubt it will ever go away
So your an expert in public health policy? Maybe you should follow your own advice and stick to what you know..... Various sources with different info, lots of untested resolved Corona cases that would screw all the data. CDC advising hospitals to rule deaths a Corona even if it is assumed or not really the root cause of death.

Posting a graph and telling others to stay out of it, yet thrusting yourself in the middle of it as the real truth teller.... Slightly hypocritical to me...

The various discussions bring up very valid points.... Going fishing is no more dangerous than people going to the dog park, pot shop, pizza parlor, Mexican restaurant, and I can go on if that is not enough to give you an idea of the real conversation going on here....

Very very limited risk involved in going fishing compared to many of the allowed exposures.

I am a high risk target 67,diabetic. I choose freedom, Which I why I choose to live in the USA, I have lived in 14 countries and I choose here. I also vote to let the people go back to work and open up recreational activities. I put the responsibility to act responsible on each person. my Wife and I act responsibly and take ownership of that. If we get sick we won’t be angry with anyone, it’s just life. Same as driving a car, walking down the street or any other activity, if it is too risky for you then don’t do it. Personally I won’t be going on any cruise ships or to a pro football game or visiting homeless camps but those are my choices not the governments. Personally I don’t think this is ever going away compete, maybe they will come up with a vaccine but I’m also Leary of that, I spent 20 Years in the military, every year I had to get the flu shot and every year I got the flu, since I retired I have not got a flu shot or the flu. Every year my doctor gives me the death statistics for people my age getting the flu and every year I decline, my choice. I accept and mange that risk. Sooner or later we need to get back to living life, and manage our own risks.

just my opinion, we each have our own.

Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
I know my opinions offensive. But no hard feelings. you are fully able to go full quarantine and be quite safe. My parents are in your age group and they have the same attitude that their health is the worlds responsibility. They refuse to take advantage of the at risk shopping hours, they take precautions very inconsistently, and are scared they will die. They could go quarantine themselves but they won’t.

While you may be right about the “big dick” part...wait where was I going with this?

In your opinion, when should we turn the country back on? 1000 cases/day, 100? 0?

Should we adopt an “if it saves one life” policy from here on out so that we don’t rely on stats?
I like you but cmon. Dont pretend its fake. There is alot of people trying to keep their families safe.treating this like you are you downgrade it. Its real asshole.

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    So your an expert in public health policy? Maybe you should follow your own advice and stick to what you know..... Various sources with different info, lots of untested resolved Corona cases that would screw all the data. CDC advising hospitals to rule deaths a Corona even if it is assumed or not really the root cause of death.

Posting a graph and telling others to stay out of it, yet thrusting yourself in the middle of it as the real truth teller.... Slightly hypocritical to me...
    Well I'll get in line and be the the 100th guy on this board to tell you to fuck off. When I'm taking care of you in our hospital and explaining to you why we don't have a vent available for your lungs which are filling up, please tell me what kind of a hypocrite I am.

For the record I'm not that concerned about myself, or my immediate family actually. I like our odds when we get it. I just want folks to play the sport and the hand we're dealt with. Be good team members, follow the program. It's a team sport.

So that you don't come to my hospital in droves, and increase the chances that my med staff, my friends, my colleagues, my fellow physicians, get sick and die.

STFH (stay the fuck home),

fb

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
    Jul 6, 2012
    North of seattle
    Name
    Blackmouther
    Boat
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    Gspot, were trying to protect you. Why are you so arrogant? Makes no sense. It is really hyped up i agree but for fucks sakes. If your not alive i cant continue to talk shit to you. Its really fucked up. I dont like you but i would miss you

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Gspot, were trying to protect you. Why are you so arrogant? Makes no sense. It is really hyped up i agree but for fucks sakes. If your not alive i cant continue to talk shit to you. Its really fucked up. I dont like you but i would miss you

I don’t need you to protect me... talk about arrogance!

Reactions: yeagermyster
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Well I'll get in line and be the the 100th guy on this board to tell you to fuck off. When I'm taking care of you in my hospital and explaining to you why I don't have a vent available for your lungs which are filling up, please tell me what kind of a hypocrite I am.

For the record I'm not that concerned about myself, or my immediate family actually. I like our odds when we get it. I just want folks to play the sport and the hand we're dealt with. Be good team members, follow the program. It's a team sport.

So that you don't come to my hospital in droves, and increase the chances that my med staff, my friends, my colleagues, my fellow physicians, get sick and die.

fb

now you own a hospital and are a public health expert... got it!

Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
    Jul 6, 2012
    North of seattle
    Name
    Blackmouther
    Boat
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    Well I'll get in line and be the the 100th guy on this board to tell you to fuck off. When I'm taking care of you in my hospital and explaining to you why I don't have a vent available for your lungs which are filling up, please tell me what kind of a hypocrite I am.

fb
    I don’t need you to protect me... talk about arrogance!
    nevermind. Your a fuck

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat

Seriously bro.... get a grip for just a moment... Get off your soap box and listen to the discussion above.... The risks... Like FVSereneity so nicely explained.... If I live in Washington state I can go buy weed, get a Big Mac, swing by any number of restaurants or bars and get food, but somehow it is far to dangerous to launch my boat.... get it...

Somehow the moron above thinks we should trust the public health policy makers because that makes so much sense.... There is a lot of contradictory information that really suggests differently than being sold to us.... Just because we all don’t agree doesn’t make either one of you arrogant fuckers any more right than any of us others.... Yet somehow you in your arrogant infinite wisdom is the “real truth”...

we will never know what it might have been... impossible to really say... period... you can babble all kinds of fake numbers all day and it won’t change the majority who are probably more right than you...

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Cumspot. Jizzspit. Maybe a spot most likely not

True liberal classes fuck in true spirit... if they won’t think like you start name calling and insults!! You are extremely arrogant prick aren't you? True class

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    I like you but cmon. Dont pretend its fake. There is alot of people trying to keep their families safe.treating this like you are you downgrade it. Its real asshole.

whoa @Captain Decent are you all you all broken up inside... he likes you, but you’re a real asshole! But you’re a real asshole because you won’t accept his opinion of the manipulated data he has parroted back as fact and the only fact allowed... hmm... sounds like someone looked in the mirror when he said the words “real asshole”

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Otter Craft
    John do you ever listen to yourself, lol? We are in uncharted territory here. Some of the things we are allowing may come back to bite us in the ass. Most know I would rather fish (and hunt) rather than eat, but I think the no fishing thing is small potatoes compared to this pandemic. If you take exception to things that are allowed and you equate them to being more risky than fishing, modify your behavior and don’t fucking do them either. This is my advice to protect you and your’s. That’s all carry on.

Reactions: fishbadger
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    John do you ever listen to yourself, lol? We are in uncharted territory here. Some of the things we are allowing may come back to bite us in the ass. Most know I would rather fish (and hunt) rather than eat, but I think the no fishing thing is small potatoes compared to this pandemic. If you take exception to things that are allowed and you equate them to being more risky than fishing, modify your behavior and don’t fucking do them either. This is my advice to protect you and your’s. That’s all carry on.

Bill you are missing the point as well....Listen to yourself... read the numerous people above that don’t agree with you... We are allowed to have a different opinion based on the data and information. I honor that and you can modify your behavior as you wish.

I am not talking about modifying my behavior... but you know that and think your response somehow make you another knowledgeable person because others won’t accept your opinion as gospel.....

My day today.... Got up and went and got materials for the house I am building... On the way went to McDonald’s for a Bacon Egg and cheese biscuit... came back home and switched rigs and hooked onto my dump trailer, went to the local dump and dumped the load in my trailer...... headed up the canyon to a friends house and loaded 2 ton of hay for my horses, came home and stacked two ton of hay.... and sat down to have dinner with the wife....

Good day filled with risks of exposure, work, and life.... If I would have got up and went fishing instead there would have been no more risk to anyone.... maybe less risk, because I would have went less public places....

As I already pointed out... if you’re in a risky group like FVSerenity or even my mom who is 77, be safe and don’t take risks.... I usually go to my neighbors house at least twice a week... he is in his 70’s, paraplegic from a bullet in 1968 in Nam... I haven’t gone to his house in 3 weeks.... I won’t risk him or his health.... I tell my mom to stay in and be safe....

The conversation is really..... how big a risk is going fishing? Truthfully? Not some hyped up bullshit that we need to hunker in a corner...

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Otter Craft
    I really never considered how many disagree with me as I don’t really care. I do me and make decisions based on what I observe. Is closing fishing too far reaching? maybe but we won’t know until this all plays out. I just know where fishing fits in in regards to what is really important in my life. Do you ever consider maybe somebody on here is both smarter and through relevant experience has a better handle on what is really going on than you and I?

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    I really never considered how many disagree with me as I don’t really care. I do me and make decisions based on what I observe. Is closing fishing too far reaching? maybe but we won’t know until this all plays out. I just know where fishing fits in in regards to what is really important in my life. Do you ever consider maybe somebody on here is both smarter and through relevant experience has a better handle on what is really going on than you and I?

There are lots smarter than you and I.... You obviously care what others think or a lot of your comments would not exist.... If you simply did you.... then you wouldn’t feel the need to enlighten me, like somehow I am incapable of understanding... There are far smarter people than the two above that are screaming the sky is falling if you don’t agree your a dick....... I am also capable of looking at data from various sources and making up my own mind....

Just like when it comes time to vote for a president.... people freak the fuck out and scream at you and threaten on Facebook not to be your friend if you vote a certain way.....

You make decisions based upon what you observe and your interpretation of what you observe.... I do the same... We may not agree on all aspects... doesn’t make you right or me right... But these people calling Ryan an asshole and me multiple names because “he’s trying to protect me” and he’s knows everything, but somehow I’m an asshole for having a different opinion... But then he calls me arrogant? Really?

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Otter Craft
    Even if I thought you were an asshole John I would never call you one on a public forum as I have never met you. Good night and be safe.

Reactions: G-Spot
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Truly wasting words on you g-spot is no longer worth it. You’re ignorance is fucking ridiculous

yep... another one of the arrogant ones... your opinion is so more valid than any other.... yet your arrogance to go ahead and waste words on the one who isn’t worth wasting words on to show your superior... Yep.... you’re so smart, you’re right, I bow down to your superiority..... Not!

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Bill you are missing the point as well....Listen to yourself... read the numerous people above that don’t agree with you... We are allowed to have a different opinion based on the data and information. I honor that and you can modify your behavior as you wish.

I am not talking about modifying my behavior... but you know that and think your response somehow make you another knowledgeable person because others won’t accept your opinion as gospel.....

My day today.... Got up and went and got materials for the house I am building... On the way went to McDonald’s for a Bacon Egg and cheese biscuit... came back home and switched rigs and hooked onto my dump trailer, went to the local dump and dumped the load in my trailer...... headed up the canyon to a friends house and loaded 2 ton of hay for my horses, came home and stacked two ton of hay.... and sat down to have dinner with the wife....

Good day filled with risks of exposure, work, and life.... If I would have got up and went fishing instead there would have been no more risk to anyone.... maybe less risk, because I would have went less public places....

As I already pointed out... if you’re in a risky group like FVSerenity or even my mom who is 77, be safe and don’t take risks.... I usually go to my neighbors house at least twice a week... he is in his 70’s, paraplegic from a bullet in 1968 in Nam... I haven’t gone to his house in 3 weeks.... I won’t risk him or his health.... I tell my mom to stay in and be safe....

The conversation is really..... how big a risk is going fishing? Truthfully? Not some hyped up bullshit that we need to hunker in a corner...
    Bacon, Egg and cheese biscuit??? For shits sake...are you trying to kill yourself??

Upvote 0

ShiverMeTimbersPNW

Almost A Member
    Sep 4, 2017
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    Name
    Woody
    Boat
    Duckworth XL 30
    yep... another one of the arrogant ones... your opinion is so more valid than any other.... yet your arrogance to go ahead and waste words on the one who isn’t worth wasting words on to show your superior... Yep.... you’re so smart, you’re right, I bow down to your superiority..... Not!

Hey G, have you been tested? How are you sure you're not spreading this stuff around? Don't you agree it would be irresponsible for an infected person to go around spreading the virus further? Until you've been tested, you don't know.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Hey G, have you been tested? How are you sure you're not spreading this stuff around? Don't you agree it would be irresponsible for an infected person to go around spreading the virus further? Until you've been tested, you don't know.

Well.... you already know, but for the sake of this conversation I’ll play along..... At this point actually getting tested while being asymptotic is not happening unless you wealthy.... Secondly, going to a medical facility while healthy and asymptotic would be silly.... Thousands upon thousands of actual infected and resolved persons walking this planet.

As pointed out multiple times..... Read how FVSerenity explained it to save me the time of typing it.... If you’re at risk.... protect yourself...

Me being asymptotic I won’t risk the health of my mother, elder neighbors or others as best I can deliberately avoid them, but I will also go about as normal as I can while being safe, but the bigger question and the one in this thread is about the real risks of going fishing compared to many of the allowed activities.... That is what this was about... And do I think if I went fishing with my wife and my other young healthy neighbor of it would be any more risky that what I did today? It would actually be less risky...

Upvote 0