FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Quit looking for a gray area. Its black and white. No such thing as an honor system apparently. They announce theres an outbreak and every retard in washington heads to Alki, west beach and loads up all of the state parks. Then they again say its a shelter in place and leave a giant gray area. As opportunists we all look for ways to stay entertained and think were just on a mandatory 2 week vacation. How bout, take it serious. I too questioned what was acceptable but the reality of the situation at hand is we can bite the bullet and stay in our own bubbles for 2 weeks and sustain a chance the economy will stay strong and we dont lose people or we push the envelope and continue recreating as if this is a vacation, let it go on for months if not years, say goodbye to alot of our family members and friends and be in poverty when its finally done. Rule number 1 in life is DONT BE DUMB, rule number 2 DONT BREAK RULE NUMBER 1. Its really up to everyone to do the right thing. Were all gonna suffer in one way but instead of bitchin about this, think of all of the people who have been laid off for weeks that work shit jobs to make ends meet who barely survived financially prior to being told to go home. Good time to clean out your freezers, those pink salmon and freezer burnt years old broken seal fish could feed someone in need. Spend time with your family and kids, go thru all of the extra clothes you dont need and donate. Its 2 weeks as of now. Turn this into something meaningful to share with your kids. I intend to help where i can with what i can. As for the tribes fishing, BULLSHIT!
You mean the COVIDIOTS😂

Reactions: Nosecrets
Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
EFB8373D-2F8A-437D-B99A-0025E1BBF64F.jpeg

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
Well if they don’t let people go back to work and open ANY outdoor activity it’s going to be a shit show, does not matter what it is.

Upvote 0

Kool-Aid

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
35 Carolina Classic
I am correct in saying we can still go boating...right? the coast guard didn’t bother me last week on my solo test run. Then again I was coming out of a marina...not launching the boat.

ignorance is bliss but not an excuse...I just haven’t read where they’ve banned having the boat on the water...if it’s already on the water.

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
I am correct in saying we can still go boating...right? the coast guard didn’t bother me last week on my solo test run. Then again I was coming out of a marina...not launching the boat.

ignorance is bliss but not an excuse...I just haven’t read where they’ve banned having the boat on the water...if it’s already on the water.
They shouldn’t be able to say anything.. Especially if it’s equipped to be your shelter in place “home” like yours is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genie Aye
Upvote 0

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore

I would definitely go. I am even willing to take it out for you and let you know how it goes. Just let me know where the keys are.

Upvote 0

Kool-Aid

Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
35 Carolina Classic
I pulled out of Everett and right in front of me was the coast guard. Thought at first they were blocking the entrance...but they were just on there way out to do drills I guess.

and to completely derail this thread and bring hope that we will all be on the water soon...And for those that have known my struggle...here she is at WOT running a solid 32.5 knots. Not bad for a big girl. And yes...I was by myself practicing good social distancing.

Upvote 0

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Boating isn’t banned but don’t give them ideas.

The key is that activities that create newsworthy crowds will get shut down. Crowds at the beach? Parks are closed. Dog park parking lot full? Closed.

Just keep it on the DL and you we should be fine. I’ve got my outdoor spots and activities that are unaffected right now, but they are one crowd away from getting shut down.

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    So the curve is flattening eh bright boys? Not in Pierce County. . .where the last 4 days rank in the top 5 days in terms of positive test results so far. Wise up you fvcking science geniuses. Maybe stick to what you know, and leave public health policy to people who have a clue.
    1586117230220.png

And our peak is modeled to happen in a week or so, but that's statewide, driven by King county numbers, where their peak will likely be a little earlier. So looking at the modeling, at peak, when the number of people who need ICU beds is more than the number of ICU beds we have in the state, which people are you going to let die?

Oh, but it's more important that we get to go fish,

fb

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    So the curve is flattening eh bright boys? Not in Pierce County. . .where the last 4 days rank in the top 5 days in terms of positive test results so far. Wise up you fvcking science geniuses. Maybe stick to what you know, and leave public health policy to people who have a clue.
    View attachment 1130454
    And our peak is modeled to happen in a week or so, but that's statewide, driven by King county numbers, where their peak will likely be a little earlier. So looking at the modeling, at peak, when the number of people who need ICU beds is more than the number of ICU beds we have in the state, which people are you going to let die?

fb

All your proving is that the shut downs and quarantines are not working. We’ve been shut down for weeks, washing the fuck out of our hands, keeping 6 feet away and staying the fuck home.

As for who will die? My observations say the elderly and the weak. Yet I see both wandering around like anyone else and I’m the asshole because I could be spreading it unknowingly. If the media got you scared shitless put on a fucking helmet and stay home. I still like my chances.

The other day I parked at a gas station and a guy in a handicapped marked car rolled down his window and asked me what the fuck “you all are doing out here” driving around and such.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    Just to be clear the green line are the new cases daily, the blue bars are the total cases so far

Reactions: Wild Bill
    Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    All your proving is that the shut downs and quarantines are not working. We’ve been shut down for weeks, washing the fuck out of our hands, keeping 6 feet away and staying the fuck home.

As for who will die? My observations say the elderly and the weak. Yet I see both wandering around like anyone else and I’m the asshole because I could be spreading it unknowingly. If the media got you scared shitless put on a fucking helmet and stay home. I still like my chances.

The other day I parked at a gas station and a guy in a handicapped marked car rolled down his window and asked me what the fuck “you all are doing out here” driving around and such.
    FUCK YOU!!!! I’m 67, a bit more chubby than I should be but I’m healthy as shit, wife is the same age, has had a few problems resulting from past cancer so both of us are in the high risk range. I know I’m just a stat number that you don’t give a flying fuck about but I give a flying fuck about it. If you’re wandering around swinging that big assed dick of yours you could be spreading this shit around. Not that I’m afraid of it but the whole short term way out of this mess is to flatten the curve otherwise the government will keep things closed and you won’t be able to do a fucking thing about it no matter how big your dick is. Pisses me off that all you big dick guys think of the elderly is....just a fucking number.

And....the only thing that has me somewhat scared is the stock market/economy as most of my retirement accounts are connected through various funds. I planned on retiring at the end of this year. I climbing on an airplane for AK to go back to work in a couple of weeks which is a bit spooky being on a closed boat...think cruise ship here as the crud really travels if it’s brought aboard.

Now if you dip-shit big dick guys would do what they ask maybe, just maybe we can get back on the water sooner than the end of the summer....or later. I’m sure there are quite a few charter guys chewing their fingernails right at the minute. If this thing keeps going the economy will be shitty enough to keep customers away. Actually Washington has done a decent job of it so far so maybe we can lift this in a few weeks. It all depends on what our government officials feel the curve is doing. Or some drug is found and can get to the public quickly.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    FUCK YOU!!!! I’m 67, a bit more chubby than I should be but I’m healthy as shit, wife is the same age, has had a few problems resulting from past cancer so both of us are in the high risk range. I know I’m just a stat number that you don’t give a flying fuck about but I give a flying fuck about it. If you’re wandering around swinging that big assed dick of yours you could be spreading this shit around. Not that I’m afraid of it but the whole short term way out of this mess is to flatten the curve otherwise the government will keep things closed and you won’t be able to do a fucking thing about it no matter how big your dick is. Pisses me off that all you big dick guys think of the elderly is....just a fucking number.

And....the only thing that has me somewhat scared is the stock market/economy as most of my retirement accounts are connected through various funds. I planned on retiring at the end of this year. I climbing on an airplane for AK to go back to work in a couple of weeks which is a bit spooky being on a closed boat...think cruise ship here as the crud really travels if it’s brought aboard.

Now if you dip-shit big dick guys would do what they ask maybe, just maybe we can get back on the water sooner than the end of the summer....or later. I’m sure there are quite a few charter guys chewing their fingernails right at the minute. If this thing keeps going the economy will be shitty enough to keep customers away. Actually Washington has done a decent job of it so far so maybe we can lift this in a few weeks. It all depends on what our government officials feel the curve is doing. Or some drug is found and can get to the public quickly.

I know my opinions offensive. But no hard feelings. you are fully able to go full quarantine and be quite safe. My parents are in your age group and they have the same attitude that their health is the worlds responsibility. They refuse to take advantage of the at risk shopping hours, they take precautions very inconsistently, and are scared they will die. They could go quarantine themselves but they won’t.

While you may be right about the “big dick” part...wait where was I going with this?

In your opinion, when should we turn the country back on? 1000 cases/day, 100? 0?

Should we adopt an “if it saves one life” policy from here on out so that we don’t rely on stats?

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    I know my opinions offensive. But no hard feelings. you are fully able to go full quarantine and be quite safe. My parents are in your age group and they have the same attitude that their health is the worlds responsibility. They refuse to take advantage of the at risk shopping hours, they take precautions very inconsistently, and are scared they will die. They could go quarantine themselves but they won’t.

While you may be right about the “big dick” part...wait where was I going with this?

In your opinion, when should we turn the country back on? 1000 cases/day, 100? 0?

Should we adopt an “if it saves one life” policy from here on out so that we don’t rely on stats?
    I don’t have an opinion on it as it isn’t up to me. It’s up to the health care guys even if we don’t like what they have to say. If we don’t do anything the curve won’t drop for a long time so all of us will be stuck with everything shut down. That’s the way I’m looking at it. Believe me I’d rather see sooner than later. By the way the more they learn about it....the young guys especially the ones with big dicks aren’t immune. I just want the economy opened and that won’t happen if the curve keeps climbing.

Upvote 0

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    View attachment 1130454

fb

The green line in the graph above represents the 'curve', which is not only flattened but decreased in the last two days. The blue lines are a cumaltive number of Covid 19 cases which will continue to increase until the green line goes to zero. Do you agree? if not then debating a flattening curve is useless if we aren't using data.

Full disclosure I would very much like to fish.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    The green line in the graph above represents the 'curve', which is not only flattened but decreased in the last two days. The blue lines are a cumaltive number of Covid 19 cases which will continue to increase until the green line goes to zero. Do you agree? if not then debating a flattening curve is useless if we aren't using data.

Full disclosure I would very much like to fish.

Here’s the big problem....First the numbers from various sources do not all agree, so it depends on how the data in manipulated. Then there is all of the untested and resolved cases That aren’t captured anywhere, then there are the far fetched assumptions that a grossly large population in the US will catch the virus at a rate that exponentially blows all other countries real time experience out of the water..... So each person posting stat from various sites, not even the experts agree.... Some will claim all experts agree, but that is flat untrue.... so all of us fisherman can keep posting our various BS numbers that prove nothing, because they are BS.... We will never know the truth. Some experts say that we were actually on a down hill curve of a a virus running it’s course and the numbers we are seeing had nothing to do with the shut down based upon the incubation period being 14 days or more that we are seeing experience pre-shit down...

Reactions: HookEmDanO
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    View attachment 1130454

fb

So your an expert in public health policy? Maybe you should follow your own advice and stick to what you know..... Various sources with different info, lots of untested resolved Corona cases that would screw all the data. CDC advising hospitals to rule deaths a Corona even if it is assumed or not really the root cause of death.

Posting a graph and telling others to stay out of it, yet thrusting yourself in the middle of it as the real truth teller.... Slightly hypocritical to me...

The various discussions bring up very valid points.... Going fishing is no more dangerous than people going to the dog park, pot shop, pizza parlor, Mexican restaurant, and I can go on if that is not enough to give you an idea of the real conversation going on here....

Very very limited risk involved in going fishing compared to many of the allowed exposures.

Upvote 0