Upvote 0

Catchn Ry

Jan 19, 2011
Stanwood WA Snohomish
Name
Rydel aka "Knuckle Buster"
Boat
21' Olympic AIDEN DAWN RDC
Quit looking for a gray area. Its black and white. No such thing as an honor system apparently. They announce theres an outbreak and every retard in washington heads to Alki, west beach and loads up all of the state parks. Then they again say its a shelter in place and leave a giant gray area. As opportunists we all look for ways to stay entertained and think were just on a mandatory 2 week vacation. How bout, take it serious. I too questioned what was acceptable but the reality of the situation at hand is we can bite the bullet and stay in our own bubbles for 2 weeks and sustain a chance the economy will stay strong and we dont lose people or we push the envelope and continue recreating as if this is a vacation, let it go on for months if not years, say goodbye to alot of our family members and friends and be in poverty when its finally done. Rule number 1 in life is DONT BE DUMB, rule number 2 DONT BREAK RULE NUMBER 1. Its really up to everyone to do the right thing. Were all gonna suffer in one way but instead of bitchin about this, think of all of the people who have been laid off for weeks that work shit jobs to make ends meet who barely survived financially prior to being told to go home. Good time to clean out your freezers, those pink salmon and freezer burnt years old broken seal fish could feed someone in need. Spend time with your family and kids, go thru all of the extra clothes you dont need and donate. Its 2 weeks as of now. Turn this into something meaningful to share with your kids. I intend to help where i can with what i can. As for the tribes fishing, BULLSHIT!
Well said Travis. My thoughts exactly.

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    Ha I honestly did not mean it in an argumentative way at all. I know Patrick is pretty in tune with Tunatown and was curious about his point of view.

You must be new. Tuna town is not Westport. Tuna town is a small area that has been designated as said name and its location is held secretly to a select group of individuals. 😁

@marlinmike

Upvote 0

NW-Quackhead

Almost A Member
    May 5, 2014
    O-chin
    Name
    Mike Hancho
    Boat
    Defiance 290 Guadalupe
    You must be new. Tuna town is not Westport. Tuna town is a small area that has been designated as said name and its location is held secretly to a select group of individuals. 😁

@marlinmike
    I like it better when you’re posting pictures of how to stay healthy and advertising knives...

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Ha I honestly did not mean it in an argumentative way at all. I know Patrick is pretty in tune with Tunatown and was curious about his point of view.
    We've been staying at our place down here. The way I see it the community/area was flat out scared at what happened last weekend with all the people hitting the beaches. Scared of them bringing in the virus from the high concentrated areas of King County et cetera and having it explode in the area that has poor medical.

Then the other thought is I'm sure most want things to get back to normal as soon as possible so they can start opening businesses et cetera instead of being hunkered down. With no one taking the Social Distancing et cetera serious all we'll see is more spread. More spread means more time shut down. We don't want to look like New York.

Personally long term I don't see why Westport would or should be hurt by these actions. The only thing that'll hurt them more than they already are is if this thing drags on and on and on and then we'll all be hurt. By the way on the commercial side they are also hurt. Crab boats are pulling their gear, price has dropped to the point of not making much and the cannieres don't want the product.

Upvote 0

waldocod

Almost A Member
    Mar 27, 2007
    Washington
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Arima Sea Legend
    Guys, China had it the worst and they seem to have brought it under control. Their lockdown didn’t allow you to leave your house and it went on for more than two months.

They would have had 5-10M deaths if they let it spread around the country.

I don’t think that the US (or most of the “free” world) has it in them to coordinate well enough to beat this.
    Do we really trust China to give us truthful data? I sure wouldn’t.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Do we really trust China to give us truthful data? I sure wouldn’t.

This one keeps coming up... over and over... you do realize that China is not the only other country giving us data? We can extrapolate data from other countries and cross check China somewhat.... and maybe.... just maybe China is not our enemy in this and they are actually giving numbers to help the global crisis?!?

not like we are talking trade secrets and copyright here....

And why do so many love to hate on China? They are doing what the US has encouraged them to do..... build factories, produce US products, import/export using US negotiated trade deals...... Then so many cry that we should buy American made....and China is taking out jobs... really? Are we angry at them because they are better negotiators that us? Because they exploit their workers? We do kind of encourage this with the knowledge and still outsourcing......

Let’s just leave China alone for a minute and assume that they had a pandemic ground zero, based on a large population, Chinese New Year with crowded streets made it even worse for quick spread.... Let’s stop acting like all their info is false. And lastly, let’s stop with the BS that they started this pandemic and sacrificed their own people to get back at the US for trade deals!

For crying out loud!

Upvote 0

JK47

May 19, 2019
    HB
    Name
    Alek
    Boat
    SS Minnow
    This one keeps coming up... over and over... you do realize that China is not the only other country giving us data? We can extrapolate data from other countries and cross check China somewhat.... and maybe.... just maybe China is not our enemy in this and they are actually giving numbers to help the global crisis?!?

not like we are talking trade secrets and copyright here....

And why do so many love to hate on China? They are doing what the US has encouraged them to do..... build factories, produce US products, import/export using US negotiated trade deals...... Then so many cry that we should buy American made....and China is taking out jobs... really? Are we angry at them because they are better negotiators that us? Because they exploit their workers? We do kind of encourage this with the knowledge and still outsourcing......

Let’s just leave China alone for a minute and assume that they had a pandemic ground zero, based on a large population, Chinese New Year with crowded streets made it even worse for quick spread.... Let’s stop acting like all their info is false. And lastly, let’s stop with the BS that they started this pandemic and sacrificed their own people to get back at the US for trade deals!

For crying out loud!

Sure

Reactions: Fred's
    Upvote 0

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
  • May 22, 2013
    some where on the water
    Name
    Pat
    Boat
    High on the Goat

@marlinmike
    I have seen some very strange things happen in Tuna Town. You have to learn the secret hand shake to get in.

Upvote 0

ShiverMeTimbersPNW

Almost A Member
    Sep 4, 2017
    Gig Harbor, Washington
    Name
    Woody
    Boat
    Duckworth XL 30
    To date in the US
    54400 cases
    737 deaths

We closed out yesterday like this:
    68,211 cases
    1,027 deaths

And today here is we're at the US (mid day):
    82,174 cases
    1,177 deaths

Exponential growth is difficult concept for our ape brains to grasp. That's one day difference. ONE DAY.

See y'all tomorrow. Probably. To all the skeptics, I urge you to reconsider your positions.

Upvote 0

JTC

Too Sirius
  • Aug 13, 2012
    Redmond Wa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
    68,211 cases
    1,027 deaths

82,174 cases
    1,177 deaths

Exponential growth is difficult concept for our ape brains to grasp. That's one day difference. ONE DAY.

See y'all tomorrow. Probably. To all the skeptics, I urge you to reconsider your positions.
    I’m curious what number of people need to die each day to convince the skeptics? Not taking a shot I am truly curious. Is it 1000 maybe 5000?
    if it is over 1000 a day in two weeks do we rethink?
    Oh yeah.... if you stumble into this so called tuna town on accident and somebody offers you a cookie , start by eating only half and wait a while!!

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    68,211 cases
    1,027 deaths

82,174 cases
    1,177 deaths

My question is now that we’re all scared shitless, what’s the trigger to turn the country back on again? 50 deaths a day? 10? Your exponential growth still applies at 10 as it does at 50. Has anyone heard any threshold numbers on this?

Upvote 0

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
  • Jul 15, 2009
    Woodinville, WA
    Name
    Casey
    Boat
    23 Pacific
    Is fishing still closed for me? I can't actually catch one.

Upvote 0

Fish_on!

• Feb 17, 2015
    Oly
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    18' Super Vee
    Made an essential trip this afternoon to get my 2 yr old down for a nap (he’s a prick and I don’t know how daycare gets him to sleep). No stops in public but drove around to see how people are taking the stay at home orders. Notes from my trip.
    -Minimal traffic at Fred Meyer/Costco. Half the purpose of my trip was a scouting mission to see if crowds are down cuz there are a few supplies I need to survive, mostly shit for the kids to keep them entertained. I have no idea why daycare workers don’t get paid more than minimum wage, my kids are out of control.

-People are still fishing black lake... I guess they need mud trout to survive during these difficult times.

-Group of 6 teens huddled together by capital lake. My kid was asleep at this time so I rolled my window down and yelled “go back to your fucking home before I call your moms, I’m never going to be able to go fishing with dipshits like you out and about”. They responded in typical fashion with the bird and smug dirty looks.

-Homeless people... wherever the fuck all of you went, please stay there after this is over.

All in all it was successful, zero exposure trip. There is definitely a signifanct portion of the population following the order and the usual dipshits doing what they do.

Reactions: FishPimpII
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Well, our daily death rate is still below that from smoking and driving. Ban those activities too.

and even I’m pissed off that we can’t go, errrr, ummm, salmon, cough cough, fishing. Imagine how pissy I’d be if this got into my tuna time!?!?!

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Otter Craft
    I just hope to hell we see some kind of positive trend in a couple more weeks if we can keep our germs to ourselves for the next few weeks. Otherwise, many more things could be on the chopping block.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Numbers from the CDC for the 26th were

68440 cases
    994 deaths

I’m not trying to make any point, just quoting the numbers from the CDC without all the hysteria.
    I suspect the number with the disease are higher as not everyone shows signs.

Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
    Jul 6, 2012
    North of seattle
    Name
    Blackmouther
    Boat
    9' bullfrog "mr big"
    D104C1C6-5BDC-4683-8EEC-EC829C1AB9DE.png

Upvote 0