fishing fanatic

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
Well that’s what we get for not representing ourselves I guess. The wdfw is lubing it up for them before strapping hands to ankles at this point.

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
I think this fits right here

28022.png

• Haha
Reactions: MarkFromSea
Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
depending on who or what you believe. This is really fucked up. One hand you want to believe that the government gives a fuck, the other that they dont. Weird

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Maybe looking at a fairly large increase in the min size for chinook as well which I have mixed feelings about as we can only keep marked fish anyway during our 6 week season.

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Can’t remember if I posted this already but seems to fit here.
65F1D8CE-F801-44C2-91EF-11278574D53D.jpeg

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    I think we are going to start seeing death rates that are too high to comprehend. If its anything like Italy or Spain the daily numbers could explode. New york brought in an refrigerated truck to hold bodies because of the death toll, italy is using their military base as a storage facility for dead bodies seeing 600+ a day and spain is using a hockey rink as a body storage area. So in 2 weeks i think another 25 thousand people will die if that answers your question.

well..... it’s been slightly over 2 weeks.... another 25 thousand people die?......

Reactions: E1 Toro
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Where does Tuna fit into all this? No limit so can wdfw say you can't tuna fish? If this gets to the point of all summer being closed in WA I will be looking at my options to go to OR or Canada. Maybe I will finally be forced to try tuna fishing off of Vancouver Island. Perhaps a combo trip to Winter Harbor.
    More immediate is I am right at 1 yr since I replaced zincs and did a haulout. I normally do 9 months but with this Pandemic I have been putting off all non essential activities but there is a limit on how long you can live like that. I am scheduled for Sunday to do a 2 hr hang so I can do my annual maintenance below waterline. I am doing my part to avoid contact with others but I am not about to let neglect my boat.
    Come July I will be on the water just a matter what direction I go.

Sorry Bro! Oregon has suspended non resident license... At least residents can still fish and hunt.

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
    Jul 27, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Name
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat
    255 conquest... needs a name
    Anyone tried to cancel with Big Salmon? I have called about 16 times and no pick up. Suggestions?
    I’ve talked to them. They are in a stay at home order too. So no one has been on the office.
    My understanding is that they will handle refunds and sort the rest of things out when they get back in the office. (Specifically when Dawn gets back in the office as she handles the billing/paperwork end)

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    My question is are we going to do this for every pandemic now? We didn’t do it for Asian bird flu or swine flu or any of the others despite having been more deadly.

Can I expect the economy to collapse every 6 or 7 years due to pandemics? I mean who’s to say we don’t get another bad flu strain in a year or two to compound this?

And get ready for the vaccine. Another shot to make the population weaker not stronger.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    My question is are we going to do this for every pandemic now? We didn’t do it for Asian bird flu or swine flu or any of the others despite having been more deadly.

Can I expect the economy to collapse every 6 or 7 years due to pandemics? I mean who’s to say we don’t get another bad flu strain in a year or two to compound this?

And get ready for the vaccine. Another shot to make the population weaker not stronger.

The new norm.... I am afraid this could be it...

I am so tired of hearing “together we will get through this”.......

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    well..... it’s been slightly over 2 weeks.... another 25 thousand people die?......

According to the cdc we are up to 14626.

it feels like they are thinking about starting to think about how we get back to norm.

I see theyhave started testing people for immunity because the numbers are lower than expected. I think it has hit the west coast before and that is why we are doing better than expected. And the people that were getting sick and dying were attributed to the flu, before they heard about covid 19.

if I had to guess they are going to find a lot of people with immunity because they have had the disease previously and no one realized it was something different.

Reactions: E1 Toro and G-Spot
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    According to the cdc we are up to 14626.

it feels like they are thinking about starting to think about how we get back to norm.

I see theyhave started testing people for immunity because the numbers are lower than expected. I think it has hit the west coast before and that is why we are doing better than expected. And the people that were getting sick and dying were attributed to the flu, before they heard about covid 19.

if I had to guess they are going to find a lot of people with immunity because they have had the disease previously and no one realized it was something different.

I read a similar article suggesting it had been-in California since Oct/Nov. I guess they still think it originated in China, but the millions of Chinese tourists that hit California each year had begun spreading the disease 6 months ago. California retorted and earlier than usual “flu season” not doing any testing back then, just treating the “flu”. Now in retrospect they are seeing New York with a 14 time higher infection rate, so they are assuming California has thousands and thousands of people who have already be exposed and carry the antigens.

It wasn’t near as catastrophic as they thought.... Especially when they thought it was the flu and not Covid 19..

Upvote 0

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
  • Jul 15, 2009
    Woodinville, WA
    Name
    Casey
    Boat
    23 Pacific
    Good job getting it back to COVID debate. I coulda used a little more COVID.

My name is Bruce Dickinson, yes thee Bruce Dickinson...I got a fever and the only prescription is MORE COVID.

The no blackmouth season is unacceptable. The Stilli is toast and not because of a winter marked fishery for the fish we pay for.

Upvote 0

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    Sorry Bro! Oregon has suspended non resident license... At least residents can still fish and hunt.

Must be nice, wish WDFW was capable of independent thought, I am pretty sure Jay put the pressure on them to shutdown. I just talked to my father-in-law who was in the Navy and is in his 70's. He made the comment that our country let him sign up to risk his life when he was 18 to protect our liberties but is now taking away those liberties because there is a risk to his life. The trillions in debt we are taking on is gonna hurt us all for a lot of years.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    98379 globally as of today. March 31st was 42146

If only your comments were directed globally and not Washington Specific.... numerous times over and over I kept saying the numbers just don’t add up, and I recall I even referenced “the sky is falling” which you took exception to....

I’m sure the reduced numbers are from social distancing. Or.... like California unknowingly let it run its course for the last 6 months.... Until it had a name and suddenly shut everything down...

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Must be nice, wish WDFW was capable of independent thought, I am pretty sure Jay put the pressure on them to shutdown. I just talked to my father-in-law who was in the Navy and is in his 70's. He made the comment that our country let him sign up to risk his life when he was 18 to protect our liberties but is now taking away those liberties because there is a risk to his life. The trillions in debt we are taking on is gonna hurt us all for a lot of years.
    You are fucking A tweety straight! Where were all the caring motherfuckers when I was risking my life and dragging my family through stress for my 20 year military career! And we are losing our freedom now over what! I chose to do that and y’all were fine with me taking the risk, and now you wont ALLOW me to choose my risks. Fuck you! That is the single thing that is making me angry! Spreading the disease! Bullshit! You don’t want to take the risk then stay the fuck home! I choose freedom!

ok, I’m done:)

I just want my freedom from our dictatorship

Upvote 0

eldplanko

got the skunk off
    Jun 18, 2012
    Ballard
    Name
    My other boat is a piece of...
    Boat
    Floater
    Since were talking numbers, maybe an internet wizard can tell us what the all-cause death rate is for age 70+, it’s a lot more than 200 per 100k

17EEDF71-58AE-499F-8DE8-B49D065CB660.jpeg

Upvote 0

Siv

May 8, 2008
    Normandy Park Wa
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    19' SeaSport
    I’ve talked to them. They are in a stay at home order too. So no one has been on the office.
    My understanding is that they will handle refunds and sort the rest of things out when they get back in the office. (Specifically when Dawn gets back in the office as she handles the billing/paperwork end)
    thanks..

Upvote 0

eldplanko

got the skunk off
    Jun 18, 2012
    Ballard
    Name
    My other boat is a piece of...
    Boat
    Floater
    Another way to look at this is the unemployment to death ratio.. right now both WA and US are at ~1000 unemployed per 1 death

Upvote 0