Fishing closure statewide

notellumcreek

Jul 6, 2014
Name
Hank
Boat
20' Nr Seahawk
Good article, I agree. We had a friends daughter who was hooked up to a ventilator on and off for a week over the holidays and all they could diagnose for her was “a strand of the flu”. Hoping with our steady numbers we get on the water as soon as the stay at home is lifted May 5th! Anyone think the tribes will keep us out of neah/ la push past that?

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
Good article, I agree. We had a friends daughter who was hooked up to a ventilator on and off for a week over the holidays and all they could diagnose for her was “a strand of the flu”. Hoping with our steady numbers we get on the water as soon as the stay at home is lifted May 5th! Anyone think the tribes will keep us out of neah/ la push past that?
I talked to them (La Push) yesterday, they said they don’t know yet but they would keep the website and FB up to date as soon a decision is made.

Reactions: notellumcreek
Upvote 0

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
  • Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    Makahs are may 15.

Screenshot_20200407-134624_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 24, 2013
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Name
    Patrick Walker
    Boat
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    Guaranteed. July.

Upvote 0

E1 Toro

El Toro
    Jun 8, 2018
    SoCal
    Name
    El Toro
    Boat
    Striper 2100 WA, 150HO E-Tec G2
    Sorry for you guys in Washington. Tomorrow California Fish & Game Commission are meeting to discuss fishery closures. Some, including the owner of this board, believe it is only Eastern Sierras because of Trout season.

Im guessing they want to close the whole Fishery including Saltwater. Based on what Im reading here, Im sure CFG have looked at Washington and what your Commission did. If Im correct, we may not see fishing this year. If Im wrong, hurray for us.

Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 12, 2008
    Alger, WA
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    Would you say Wdfw “just” parrots the governor or would you say that they parrot him as the duct tape their hands to their ankles and let our “co-managers” work on them? Or is it with them?

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 24, 2013
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Name
    Patrick Walker
    Boat
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    Would you say Wdfw “just” parrots the governor or would you say that they parrot him as the duct tape their hands to their ankles and let our “co-managers” work on them? Or is it with them?
    It really a ugly dance of all of the above. It will continue as long as their is a democratic governor in office. The tribes support the Democratic Party, and we’re one of Inslee’s biggest campaign supporters. Follow the money. It usually leads to the fire

Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
    Alger, WA
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    I think it’s time to give up an entire season and just get our own permit. Whenever you are controlled by someone they will always get they rib eye and you will get the rump roast tailings.

Reactions: “biteme”
    Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    It really a ugly dance of all of the above. It will continue as long as their is a democratic governor in office. The tribes support the Democratic Party, and we’re one of Inslee’s biggest campaign supporters. Follow the money. It usually leads to the fire
    Boy good luck getting someone other than a Dimmmmm in that office. Last Republican was Spellman in 1981 and he was a single termer. More than likely Seattle will have to fall into Puget Sound from an earthquake to get a Dimmmmm out of that office. Hope I'm wrong but......

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    I would put people back to work and then start opening fishing, state lands etc or it’s going to be a shit show as everyone goes a little whacky after being closed up for so long. Can you imagine the traffic jams, it’s bad when 3/4 of the state is at work, now turn them all loose at once!

I hope people try to use a little common sense when they go out as they start turning the world back on.

Upvote 0

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    And let’s not forget the HUGELY destructive organizations that claim to protect wild fish but find themselves by suing the state to shut down hatcheries. They are a big part of why the pie is shrinking every year and the fighting gets worse. Wild fish... genetically specific populations that only return to a certain stream... yet we shut down areas for “strays”?

I personally think that WFC and groups like them should be held accountable for starving the whales. The drop in hatchery production is directly correlated to the drop in total returns.

Salmon forecasts suck this year.

Upvote 0

Fishwacker1

Jul 8, 2016
    Lyman
    Name
    Rodney
    Boat
    Western Quest 27 North River Offshore
    None of the proposals look like they have a black mouth season in area 7. Am I reading this wrong

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Otter Craft
    That is how I am reading it. Got a call in to a buddy involved in process. He had to hang up and get in on final season setting conference call. We will know our fate soon. Not looking good for Winter BM.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    Supposedly no blackmouth next year in 5-9..? So all the winter derbies will be flounder derbies..

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Otter Craft
    Yep, get ready to pound your flounders men. I am usually a glass half full type guy but I am so tired of this one sided b.s. It might be the year to not buy a license.

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0