mrfishcado

Los Panchos Sportfishing
Mar 25, 2006
Pomona, CA
Name
Paco
Boat
1996 Ranger 488VS 1980 24' Skipjack "La Cuarentona"
I see all these white seabass and yellows being caught at the CI and would like to try my luck. I’ve fished it once but only had fresh dead squid. What are the bait barge hours up there? Is there any squid boats at the islands? Thanks.

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
  • Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    Bait is sporadic at best up there . Most private boats make there own at the islands . Quite often you can snag day light squid .

Upvote 0

swavings

• May 30, 2012
    Newbury Park, CA
    Name
    Scott Swaving
    Boat
    Cobia
    Cisco’s is the best option for bait. I’ve only seen once or twice that they had squid over the years.

bait is open same hours as Cisco’s, pretty much 4am to 5pm

13 miles to Anacapa!

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    squid is nice but a lot of fish on fin bait too. Don't let lack of squid keep you from going. Saw a guy get a 30lb cbass on a swim bait last week. The trick is finding the fish and getting in front of them

Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
    Jul 3, 2004
    BD Outdoors
    Name
    John
    Boat
    None
    Fresh dead is just as good as live for sea bassin, I always kill my squid before putting it on the hook for seabass...

Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
    Jul 3, 2004
    BD Outdoors
    Name
    John
    Boat
    None
    Why the extra step to kill them?
    Seabass are lazy when they are on squid bed they are suspended off the bottom slowly eating the squid .... Spawning squid is usually almost dead or near death which makes it easier for the seabass feast on ... It makes no difference if it’s alive or dead when fishing the water column with a lead head , sliding sinker hook combo 0r when fishing a a reverse dropper loop or even when fishing a white / glow white jig ..

Upvote 0