Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Royal Polaris - sold the boat
Hey guys,

If anyone is still looking for some of the lacrosse Hawthorne boots,

I found some at a store in Reno... that has several locations..The price was fantastic as they cleared them out.. You can call to see if they have your size.. the price was around $ 44.00/pair.

Sportsman's Warehouse - America's Premier OutfitterT

Also.... Bowie Outfitters... they still have them.

http://www.bowieoutfitters.com/products2.cfm?ID=1549&dept=FOOTWEAR&nav_chooser=category&ty

If you have not read my earlier posts on these boots they are shortys and unmatched in comfort (in my opinion).. no more aching feet..

This model has been discontinued by Lacrosse, so buy them while you still can..

Tight lines..... Jeff

glenn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2003
norcal
Visit site
Name
glenn
Boat
none
I wear size 9 1/2. Ordered size ten boots and they fit perfect. Feels like you are wearing surfing booties.

ibdfishkiller

May 13, 2009
McFarland California
Name
Andy
Boat
Buying a new one
I bought some a year ago and swear by them. Great boots DAMMM didn't know they stoped making them need to find another pair even though mine are in perfect condition would like to have spare.

Spongerider

The Fish Monger
Sep 2, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Dean O.
Boat
39', Fountain, The Michael.
Anybody have leads on where to purchase them because the Reno store is all out? They are suppose to call me back if their other stores have them in stock.

Thanks,

Update- Have any of you long rangers tried the replacement boot to Hawthorn 6? It's called LaCrosse Alpha Lite Mule.

Derf284

The Ringer
Nov 1, 2007
rsm
Name
Fred
Boat
Any
They look like they would be a HOT boot at 3.5 mm thick ?

Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral
Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
The boots are not hot.. I have worn mine at Clipperton several times.. that is as close to the surface of the sun as you would ever want to go..

The Alpha Light mules have a very different sole.. They don't look that good for fishing boat decks.. The sole looks like a "muck boot" the rest of the boot is similiar..

Check with : Bowie Outfitters

A bunch of guys found the Lacrosse boots there a couple of months ago.. they may still have them in stock...

Good luck,

Jeff

Spongerider

The Fish Monger
Sep 2, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Dean O.
Boat
Thanks for the response guys.

I just called and place my order. Those employees were very friendly and helpful.

You da man, Jeff! :-)

Derf284

The Ringer
Nov 1, 2007
rsm
Name
Fred
Boat
Any
So you had the ALPHA CAMP BOOT - 6 INCH - OD GREEN and thats the ones to get ? And yes Clip is the tem of the sun .

The boots are not hot.. I have worn mine at Clipperton several times.. that is as close to the surface of the sun as you would ever want to go..

The Alpha Light mules have a very different sole.. They don't look that good for fishing boat decks.. The sole looks like a "muck boot" the rest of the boot is similiar..

Check with : Bowie Outfitters

A bunch of guys found the Lacrosse boots there a couple of months ago.. they may still have them in stock...

Good luck,

Jeff

Spongerider

The Fish Monger
Sep 2, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Dean O.
Boat
Yes, that is the one. The sales person had them in his hand and described them to a Tee. :-)

peshooter

Waterman
Sep 22, 2008
Fountain Valley
Name
Eric
Boat
33 Blackfin- Never Again II
are they wide? I have bought and sold so many fricken pairs of boots, usually fine for the first hour and then my dogs start barking. I 've resigned myself to sneakers but I really would like to find a nice wide pair of fishing boots.

afraser

Apr 20, 2008
sf, ca
Name
aaron
Boat
NA
are they wide? I have bought and sold so many fricken pairs of boots, usually fine for the first hour and then my dogs start barking. I 've resigned myself to sneakers but I really would like to find a nice wide pair of fishing boots.

Have you tried hiking boats instead? Waterproof, good traction, more comfortable than fishing boots, and you can probably order wide ones online.

Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral
Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Yes, the Alpha Camp boot is indenticle to the older "Hawthorne boot" they are the same, they only changed the name.. I own both..

I cannot tell you how they would fit a very wide foot, as my food is not wide... you will have to try them out to see how they fit your foot.

Good luck and tight lines..

Jeff

Derf284

The Ringer
Nov 1, 2007
rsm
Name
Fred
Boat
Any
Ok as soon as I can get them on the phone its a done deal . Thanks Jeff

nellie

Let's Ride!
Jul 20, 2006
alpine, ca
Name
nellie
Boat
none
Wally World.....filled with that jell sole....$14.00.......Sure, you will be the laughing stock on board but WTF.............Love mine!

Derf284

The Ringer
Nov 1, 2007
rsm
Name
Fred
Boat
Any
Alpha Camp boot Just got mine today WOW very nice thanks 4 the info

Spongerider

The Fish Monger
Sep 2, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Dean O.
Boat
I recieved mine a on Tuesday and the fit and feel are excellent. I went from rubber boots to Shimano Evair to the Alpha's and it was a great move. I wear a 10 in sneakers so I ordered a 10 in the Alpha's. The difference between the Shimano were,

1. The material had a plush feel around my feet unlike the Shimano.
2. My feet are slightly on the wide side and the Alpha felt like a good pair of sneakers. The Shimanos constricted the side of my feet very slightly but at the end of a 2 or more day my feet were hurting.
3. The soles are plush inside the boot and felt airy unlike the Evair.
4. The entry into the foot was easy due to the tabs on the front and back coller which the Evair did not have.
5. Exiting the boot was also much easier due to the materials used and the heel tab being slightly bigger then the Evair boot.

I like these boots so much that I wore them around the house until I was ready for bed (~4 hrs.). I even bought a pair for my best man as a early Christmas present.

Thanks again Jeff for the heads up!!

Derf284

The Ringer
Nov 1, 2007
rsm
Name
Fred
Boat
Any
Had them on today . Fished 6 hours in them I must say I did not stand that much do to the seats we got in the skiff but very nice . I think they will work very well on our 15 day trip on the Rooster .

Thanks again for the info .

fdengine13

Jun 5, 2004
Dana Point
Name
Paul
Boat
30' Skipjack
Hello all,
I am resurrecting this old thread to bring up the subject of footwear. Last year I swore I would not spend another day in my Xtra tuffs. My back cannot tolerate another day standing on the hard deck. After reading this thread, I just ordered the following pair: The cost was $79.00.
I will post feedback after I get them. And thanks to the original posters!
http://www.bowieoutfitters.com/products2.cfm?ID=1549&dept=FOOTWEAR&nav_chooser=category&ty

reelconcerned

Jun 12, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
n/a
HI Paul, Thanks for the thread, I just ordered a pair, I was surprised they had them in size (14)...Paul