Fishin with my cuz

nodrama

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
My cousin call and asked if he could come fishing with me. (he's been waiting since Jan, I think last time he fished with us) Told him lets go but only will be him and I.
Left Waianae at about 5 went to the right found some fish at CO but the porpoise were killing us kept on takeing the fish. Stayed farther away from the bouy and got lucky caught some Aku's, pressures off my little cousin is a happy fisherman.(also telling me his arms are going to fall off) He then tells me lets go find some bigger fish, so we pick up lines and head out toward Kauai. 28 miles and finally find a bird pile get in and take a triple shibi. See the white caps in the distance so start heading back. About 20 miles we take a double but both come off on the run so i set back up and Kobe tells me that he really wants to catch a Marlin. 20 min later port side outrigger goes off and i see a Marlin running across the pattern and hit the starboard outrigger hanapaa its going crazy big show Kobe's smiling from ear to ear, looking at the fish jump he tells me you need to fight this one cause its to big for him (he's 10 years old) so I jump on the fish and bring him to the boat, gaff and tie him off so I can catch my breath to bring him in. Allright Kobes happy now and I'm dead, good thing the marlin was small 120lbs. After that no love all the way back to the harbor.
My little cousin was a very happy fisherman.
PHP:
[PHP][HTML][CODE][/CODE][/HTML]
[/PHP]

Attachments

BUSTIN

Aug 26, 2010
Wahiawa
Name
Mark
Good going making a young boy smile. Hope you know what he's dreaming about....yellow guy's next. Mark

Blue Ice

Apr 2, 2010
Oahu/Hawaii
Name
Big B
Boat
2670 Glacier Bay "Maddie Girl"
Ryan,

What an awesome day you had with your cousin. I bet when you guys are old and grey you'll remember this trip. Judging by the way Kobe's sleeping on the deck there I'd say he was satisfied with the days bounty. Awesome story and thanks for sharing.

Big B

Morris Lures

Pirate
Feb 17, 2010
Mililani, Hawaii
Name
Nick
Boat
FORCE 21
Good going. Looks like he had a blast. Im sure he will be asking you to take him fishing again very soon.

ahi lawaia

Jan 17, 2008
Hawaii
Name
CP
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 21
Nice! The little guy must be like a fish whisperer...he calls it before they bite. You gotta take him out whenever he wants to go! Congrats on the marlin...now to break out the smoker.

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Hi Ryan, congrats to you and your cousin on your marlin! Saw you fighting the marlin. Good memories for your cousin! (Was riding my friend's boat, white boat with blue top)...circling CO buoy...
Tight lines,
Jimmy

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Ryan and Kobe,
Great day on the water; You have reinforced in Kobe his love of fishing. It's a great pic of him crashed on the deck! Nice table full of tunas with a kajiki to end the day.

Pat

nodrama

Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Kobe has been checking this sight out and is very grateful for the all of your encouragement. He also said to say thanks.