Fishermen vs. Surfers/paddle boarders

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by Rockbottom, Sep 24, 2012.

1. nearbrt

nearbrt Newbie

Name:
    robert
    Boat:
    kayak & 20'bass boat
    snivlers go back to the 909

Attached Files:

2. hitmeup760

hitmeup760 fish n tackle

Name:
    steven
    Boat:
    the love machine
    this happened to me at crystal pier, I wasn't surf fishing but surfers do get close to the pier and it gets annoying, me and 8 buddies went fishing and showed up at 4:00 in the morning, about three hours later some surfers showed up and paddled straight out toward our lines, they were close to where I was casting and then they started cutting our lines without even asking us to move or even trying to dodge our lines, so all of us rigged our poles with just a swivel and weight and casted 8oz. weights at them, now with a 9ft pole it's pretty easy to hit a surfer or ding his board, now imagine 8 guys casting an 8oz weight, needless to say the surfers swam away faster than the dam fish, now I know about being the bigger person but there's a level of respect that needs to be shown between fisherman and surfers and it wasn't shown on this trip, if a surfer shows respect and asks or hints to the fisherman if he or she could move than thats all they would need to do for me to move, now if they cut my line imma cut their dam surf board.

3. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy

And there is a level of intelligence to be shown.....:rolleyes:

Do you realize what a eight oz weight can do to someone if you hit them with it?

You are willing to risk severely injuring someone simply because they "cut" your line. Grow up.

[ame]http://youtu.be/AgfzNDGcJE8[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  4. hitmeup760

hitmeup760 fish n tackle

Name:
    steven
    Boat:
    the love machine
    ^^^wait till it happens to you and you'll get the idea, I work hard for my fishing gear just like everyone else and they cut off 20yds of mono topshot with and extra 30yds of braid behind it with the steel leader on it like it was nothing, then they ended up cutting all 8 of our lines more than once and crystal pier isn't that big so i'm sure their gonna move before I do, the ocean is bigger than the pier so i'm sure surfer's can move over.

5. dorado50

dorado50 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    DAVID
    Boat:
    BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
    a small 1oz weight(can) will kill a person...whats wrong with you? This mentality will cost you:finger: and your victim. How sad.....

6. Kareem Korn

Kareem Korn Muffin Monster

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
    I'm trying to picture this. So you have your reel spooled with braid, had a mono topshot than a steel leader top topshot?

7. zman91

zman91 Member

Name:
    Some guy
    Boat:
    yak

youre just digging yourself deeper my friend. First of all if youre fishing 50 yards past the surfers youre a fucking idiot for one, having spectra running across while youre surfing is dangerous and I would have cut the line also. Secondly an 8 ounce sinker, being casted by a nine foot rod easily has enough velocity to kill somebody so youre lucky that they call the cops on you or come onto the pier and beat the shit out of you. And lastly why the fuck would you be fishing with a steel leader? If youre going to possibly kill somebody over a couple dollars worth of tackle then you got bigger problems I guess.

8. spike

spike Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Spike Ivins
    Boat:
    any chance I get
    Why would you want to fish a beach with so many people in the water? Please tell me you did not fish DoHo or SanO and then come on here and complain about it. Theres better beaches to surf & fish in solitude along SC.
    Where I surf I rarely see surf anglers, and when I surf fish I never see surfers.

9. vilters

vilters chucker

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    yes
    X2 exactly.

trying to imagine 8 dudes casting 8 oz weights elbow to elbow would be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

10. ratboy

ratboy Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    katie sea
    Or how many times i've been surfing and some douche with waders and a vest comes wandering up the beach and starts chucking some junk for perch.

Bahaha who cares?

I don't wanna hook anybody, and don't wanna be hooked.

11. ratboy

ratboy Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    katie sea
    That solves the problem haha ..........meathead

12. gunzup0331

gunzup0331 Newbie

Boat:
    Semper Catfishing
    I've often wanted to secure my area by casting braided line with giant weights on each side of me to fillet the surfers (Just thinking out loud). But when it comes down to it we have to share the ocean, and I would feel aweful if that were to happen and someone were to actually get hurt. First you have the possible law suit, maybe death by decapitation or just a good old fashon ass whoopin!!! Share the ocean its big enough and respect eachothers space.
    :2gunsfiring_v1:

13. jscrib

jscrib Whale Cock

Name:
    j
    Boat:
    VS
    These days you have douches on both sides, fisherman and surfers alike, and it's growing.

Best just to take a breath, have a beer and move on.

j

14. gunzup0331

gunzup0331 Newbie

Boat:
    Semper Catfishing
    I CAN CATCH THESE ALL DAY WRONG!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. heatmiser

heatmiser Gear Whore

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    23' Chris Craft Sea Hawk
    I fish and surf. Stay away from good breaks and you should be fine. There is lots of room out there and if someone is being an asshole, just move down. Not worth the drama IMO.

Oh, and by the way, asking nicely and politely usually goes a long way in whatever the issues are. Just my $.02

16. vinhtran

vinhtran Member

Name:
    Vinh
    Boat:
    none
    I've had paddle boarders cut my line when I've been on a jetty before.. it gets annoying.