Smilerb

Feb 22, 2019
San Diego
Name
Marshall Bubel
Boat Name
Westerly
Good morning

I am looking for one or two folks to fish with me this offshore season. I am based out of San Diego, the Kona Kai specifically, and fish two to three days a week. We target bluefin through September/October and then switch to deep drop swordfish into and sometimes through December. Usually one of the weekly trips are on the weekend and they are free as far as yourself goes as I cover the cost.

Send me a PM if you are interested. Hope to hear from you.

Some pics from last year.

Marshall

Westerly
San Diego Ca.

922076AF-D321-48A9-99C2-E738B1668DA4.jpeg

606C90D6-C2F5-4172-82A4-30A91157FA19.jpeg

FAA99280-8C31-47A9-914A-644551AEDB14.jpeg

810557F6-D6F3-49A0-A098-57432220F1B0.jpeg

41B6F3D3-150D-4BE5-9DE1-B9F2D99E8453.jpeg

83D0126E-6A0B-4F14-AF69-E69B30323E68.jpeg

414DC861-ECCB-41AE-A5C2-3FC069989290.jpeg

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    First off, I have to say that you have an awesome platform for fishing.

Secondly, your generosity is unparalleled, especially considering what you offer.

I personally, if considered, promise:
    Not to be late
    Not to barf on your boat
    To give my very best in teamwork
    To not be "That guy"
    To glass all I can while underway
    And, lastly, would graciously scrub the boat without being asked from bow to stern, according to captain's specs.

PM later.

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Very generous offer. In my experience, the very best guests are the ones that share in the cost.
    I have a great deal of respect for your experience, wisdom, and station in life. That said, this is what I work from:

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Still, it would be great to run into you guys at the 307 this summer, say hi and swap intel.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Smilerb and heman
    MYNomad
    MYNomad
    Oddly, your quote makes my point. I don't want to be treated differently because I am doing something for others (free fishing trips, for example), and would prefer to fish with those who treat others well either way. It would be a mistake to conclude from my comments that I won't readily help those who need my help. I hope our paths cross, perhaps anchored at Pyramid.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Garrison

Garrison
    May 21, 2008
    Temecula
    Name
    Garrison
    Boat Name
    Mikelson 43’
    I have a great deal of respect for your experience, wisdom, and station in life. That said, this is what I work from:

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Still, it would be great to run into you guys at the 307 this summer, say hi and swap intel.
    There does seem to be a keen interest in ride sharing activities as of late. Especially from folks like myself who are not looking for a ride or publicly soliciting a crew! Expectations and disappointment are proportionately related and mutually exclusive at extremes, but perhaps a bit more context on what shapes varied opinions, would tamper judgment on either point of view.

“Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days” A boat doesn’t offer a whole lot of real estate once it leaves the dock, no matter the size. A day of fishing with guests vs. a week of fishing with guests can and does change the captain’s calculus and perspective in crew considerations. Once you get the stink onboard, it’s hard to clean.

Very generous offer, and beautiful boat BTW.👍🏻

Garrison

Last edited:
    Reactions: Smilerb
    Upvote 0

Jack D Bold

• Apr 25, 2019
    SoCal
    Name
    jack
    Boat Name
    Ocean 48
    Marshall,

Thanks for your fantastic offer. I will fish with you anytime (especially this Sunday :). Incredible offer from a man who knows how to get it done, spins great yarns, fishes like the season closes tomorrow.

I appreciate you Marsh!

Reactions: Smilerb and Tom123
    Upvote 0

idrmname

Apr 27, 2021
    Riv CA
    Name
    YAT
    Boat Name
    None
    Good morning

I am looking for one or two folks to fish with me this offshore season. I am based out of San Diego, the Kona Kai specifically, and fish two to three days a week. We target bluefin through September/October and then switch to deep drop swordfish into and sometimes through December. Usually one of the weekly trips are on the weekend and they are free as far as yourself goes as I cover the cost.

Send me a PM if you are interested. Hope to hear from you.

Some pics from last year.

Marshall

Westerly
    San Diego Ca.

View attachment 1382679

View attachment 1382680

View attachment 1382681

View attachment 1382682

View attachment 1382683

View attachment 1382684

View attachment 1382685
    ? sounds to good to be true! Love to go! help in what ever i can! Just getting back out after recent disappointments would make my day!

Upvote 0

Smilerb

Feb 22, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marshall Bubel
    Boat Name
    Westerly
    First off thank you everyone for all overwhelming response. Frankly I‘m very flattered. As much as I would like to get everyone out though, the reality is the number of open spaces on a boat the size of the Westerly is very limited. So with all the response’s I have received to date I am probably set, at least for this season anyway. Again I very much appreciate all the interest. The Bloodydecks community is pretty amazing, that’s a certainty.

I intend to reach out to everyone who’s expressed in interest in going out. It’s going slower then I would like but we are in our season now and between the fishing and the various things that go with that I’m having to fit calls in wherever I can.

Thanks everyone again.

Marshall

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat Name
    Trophy
    Son let me tell you a valuable lesson in life "nothing in this world is free" and "no good deed goes unpunished" but I digress I can just hear it now "Captain when are we going in?

Upvote 0

Smilerb

Feb 22, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marshall Bubel
    Boat Name
    Westerly
    Son let me tell you a valuable lesson in life "nothing in this world is free" and "no good deed goes unpunished" but I digress I can just hear it now "Captain when are we going in?
    I have had three or four out fishing with me to date and frankly been impressed. Knowledgeable, for that matter some of them are captains themselves, and excellent fisherman. They’ve all been a pleasure to fish with. Honestly I’m sorry I don’t have more space. I’ve learned something from all of them.

Upvote 0