Fisherman's Depot?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by whammy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. C-4 Fishing

C-4 Fishing Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Kayak
    Brother, I understand where u are coming from. If he had my gear I would be going ballistic. Hell, my *ss would be booked right next to him for breaking into his shop and getting my sticks back. But plain and simple he broke the cardinal rule in my book and if u go as far as saying shooting a woman is a "mistake" then God help ya.
    As I stated before I have daughters but I also have 3 sisters and am married to an amazing woman that takes years off my own life and makes what little hair I have left fall out. I just don't have sympathy for a guy that hurts a woman or for guys that say "he's a stand up guy" when they really don't know sh*t about him.
    Hell... People said that about OJ

JTH, pgangler, Calvin Deshler and 2 others like this.
  2. C-4 Fishing

C-4 Fishing Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    Kayak
    Either way...
    That's the last I'm gonna say about this shizz.
    I hope everyone gets their gear back and I hope SHE recovers from her injuries and lives a full prosperous and wonderful life.
    Bless you all and have a wonderful fishing season.

3. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Fishin FIN-Attict

Name:
    Mikee
    Boat:
    12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
    When I stated Moe is a Stand up Guy I was leaning towards the professionalism of business. NOT ANYTHING ABOUT WHO SHOT WHO, WHO WAS HURT, WHAT WENT ON ETC. . .
    I agree about the woman hurting thing. . . 3 daughters a beautiful wife (with cancer) grew up with 4 sisters bla bla bla. My point was not about what went on anywhere but at Moe's business. If you ever met the man you would get it. The last thing one could ever think or feel coming from the man would be violence. . . but hey shit goes down.
    I too wish the woman stated in the article a speedy recovery along with the law getting all the facts straight and sorting the whole thing out.

Merlita likes this.
  4. seabass630

seabass630 Member

Name:
    carlos
    Boat:
    No boat
    Any updates, anything

5. bayfisher86

bayfisher86 Member

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    Parker 2310WA
    Guys I really need you to be patient. I know it's been a few days but nothing happens on the weekends with the legal system. I have not been able to make direct contact with Moe yet, however it seems the lawyers are making things difficult as to the property in the shop. I am trying to figure out a fast solution but I really need TIME. I'm doing this to help everyone here out, I have zero financial interest in the shop. If this becomes too overwhelming for me with multiple PMs from the same guys and then people posting here because I haven't responded quick enough for their liking then I'll just walk away from the whole thing. Make sure you guys have your claim tickets, and just be patient. I will update you guys once I have some more information.

Endurance and garrity like this.
  6. garrity

garrity Newbie

Name:
    na
    Boat:
    na
    Thanks Aaron for trying to get us our gear back. We will wait patiently, if you could post once you know anything would be great.

7. Spitbreaker

Spitbreaker Newbie

Name:
    will
    Boat:
    no boat
    Let me know too I have a ticket as well I wait thing settle down

Thanks

8. sulla

sulla Torrance Ca

Name:
    Sulla
    Boat:
    Party Boat Near You
    I don't have any gear in question here but I would think it a minor miracle if anyone saw any of their stuff for a long time if ever. The legal system just isn't going to be concerned about this stuff and as for Moe ( who I've never met) I seriously doubt his top priorities at this point are going to be getting people their stuff back. I wish you guys all the best but you might want to start thinking worst case senario and praying for the best.

9. Jigslinger

Jigslinger Fishing is an incurable disease

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    They're trying their best to get everyone stuffs back. Moe has people helping him to do that. The tackle shop isn't being confiscated by the police so the legal system issue is moot.

Like you said you don't have stuffs there and you don't know Moe...so please do not press the panic button with your unsolicited opinion if you're not involved in any way. I had 2 rods there and got 1 back fairly quickly. They're looking for the other one. I'm sure everyone will get their stuffs back.

45king likes this.
  10. garrity

garrity Newbie

Name:
    na
    Boat:
    na
    I just got a heads up from a really cool guy that I met when everyone was waiting in line on the Saturday after the incident. This guys kept in touch and BAM, he calls today and I swing by the store and guess what, there are people in there.

When I went by, I talked to a guy, Andy, apparently he is going to take over the store. For those guys who have gear there and waited patiently, if you give the store a call, its the same number as before, and speak to Andy and make an appointment, he will meet you at the store. However, you MUST HAVE A TICKET. Without a ticket right now they are not able to give you back any equipment. Right now Andy is trying to do his best to get everything back to everyone so be cool about it and don't just hound the guy but be nice about it. I know that everyone wants their gear back, and me personally wanted to see my first custom rod before my trip this year, but it did not happen. However, we are going to eventually get our gear back and that is what counts.

Also make sure to take CASH, they cannot receive any credit card or check payments.

All good things go to those who wait - or some kind of proverb like that. We have waited patiently, more some than others, and now we get our gear back.

Endurance likes this.
  11. bayfisher86

bayfisher86 Member

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    Parker 2310WA
    Garritty is pretty spot on with the current state of the shop. Moes sons will be taking over for now and doing their best to get everyone back their rods and deposits. They will be doing a full inventory of all rods in the shop and will be making sure only people with a ticket will
    Get their rods as of now. Hopefully I will be seeing Moe on Saturday if things go as planned. I myself have rods in the shop so I have been keeping in touch with everyone involved and will let you guys know if anything changes. Thanks for being patient.

12. Fin Fan

Fin Fan Headless chicken!

Name:
    J
    Boat:
    Vaya con Dios
    I heard he wants moe bullets!

Seriously, we have no idea what happened. Save your judgements for the facts. It could have been an accident. Judge not lest yee be judged.

13. 45king

45king Tuna smasher

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    bw montauk
    to the man or people in charge,
    I have a roddy br90 blank with a chipped butt and a black n gold reel seat ( if I remember correctly ). I do not have a ticket because Moe has been wrapping my rods for over 10 years and we are cool like that! Please put this blank into the pile of shit he's gonna sell for his legal fees and please tell the guy I said Good Luck and I'll make sure to fuck up his share of tuna this year.

Danny Dinh
    45king

marzocchi and Jigslinger like this.
  14. seabass630

seabass630 Member

Name:
    carlos
    Boat:
    No boat
    Am trying to figure out why am not allowed to use my $200 dollar deposit right now, when there open for business, was told I have to wait 2-3 weeks, I asked if I could use my deposit towards a reel and just pay the difference and was told not right now.

15. juicebruiser

juicebruiser Beast Master

Name:
    Kevin Davidson
    Boat:
    N/A
    I saw the open sign and went in to check it out. Seems like they are open but really need someone with some tackle shop experience. I hope someone steps up and helps out.

16. Tuna Hawk

Tuna Hawk Member

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Nope
    I suspect they will sell what they have. And close the doors.

17. juicebruiser

Name:
    Kevin Davidson
    Boat:
    N/A
    Possibly but the lady in there did not give that impression.

18. steve javelin

steve javelin Newbie

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    22 gradywhite

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  19. whammy

whammy Hook Up!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    2200 XL Pathfinder
    little worried about what's going to happen as well. Spoke to Andy, Moe's son, who is now in charge of the shop and wanted to use my deposit money for credit in the shop but he gave me the run around. At first he said give them two weeks to make things right and now he's saying he has no idea when they can give us our deposit. I understand that they are going through some hardship which is why I don't even want the money back, but it would be nice to get it in store credit for inventory they had before this whole tragic incident took place. They have people running the shop who have no experience in the fishing industry and hopefully I am wrong but what Tuna Hawk said makes lots of sense at this point. Not sure what the rest of you guys have heard, but hopefully we can resolve this together

20. juicebruiser

Name:
    Kevin Davidson
    Boat:
    N/A
    I stopped in there yesterday. They don't seem very interested in making any deals.