kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
Really funny article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fishermen-mexico-shoot-down-environmental-groups-drone-154502740.html

I am all for the protection of endangered species and something really needs to be done to stop poaching but After watching their whaling show they normally look like idiots.

If you were flying a drone over me at night, I would probably take a shot at it too. Plus don’t you think after the first shot you would back the drone off. Maybe call the policia or the navy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bottom Line
Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
From what i've read about the Sea Shepards being in the Sea of Cortez they're wanted there and are not causing any trouble.They're probably making a bigger dent in poaching than any Mexican authorities ever did.

Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
From what i've read about the Sea Shepards being in the Sea of Cortez they're wanted there and are not causing any trouble.They're probably making a bigger dent in poaching than any Mexican authorities ever did.

Well that’s good to hear. My impression of them is from whale wars where they seemed incompetent at best. Haha.

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Not only are they wanted, but the mexican authorities are on board as they have no funds for their own boats.

Reactions: c-goat and plj46
Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
No funds to do the enforcement. Sounds like California fish and game. The big aluminum boat the own in DP never moves. Apparently they don’t have the budget for the fuel. For all the cash they take on with fishing licenses they should have plenty of cash.

Reactions: Lundalakan
Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
No funds to do the enforcement. Sounds like California fish and game. The big aluminum boat the own in DP never moves. Apparently they don’t have the budget for the fuel. For all the cash they take on with fishing licenses they should have plenty of cash.
All the license money goes into the states general fund. Shocker the governor and the legislature do not feel the need to give the funds back to dfg.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Yes they should have plenty of cash.But they aren't getting their fair share of the pie.

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Not only are they wanted, but the mexican authorities are on board as they have no funds for their own boats.

Yep, What they were doing to save the Whales was illegal and dangerous as F.

However, this time, they are following the laws and rules, given to them by the Mexican Government, to help stop the poaching of the Totoaba and the bycatch of the Vaquita

They are welcomed and wanted by the Mexican government.

However, the locals hate them (as in the those who use gill nets to fish and poach with), and it would not surprise me if something happened to a crew or sea shepherd boat.

There is a cool documentary that was linked in another post about the Vaquita on one of the other boards.

Edit: here it is
http://money.cnn.com/interactive/news/vaquita-business-of-extinction/

Reactions: Cubeye
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Im totally behind the sheps on this one.The population of these vaquita are hovering around 30.At what number does the countdown to extinction begin?

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Im totally behind the sheps on this one.The population of these vaquita are hovering around 30.At what number does the countdown to extinction begin?

Its reported at 17 now. They are doomed.

Blame it on Greed, Ignorance, poverty, and corruption.

Upvote 0

bugman

Almost A Member
Oct 7, 2004
san diego
Name
bob sciacqua
Boat
15' gregor baja , 17' Boston Whaler "Bella Serra"
All the license money goes into the states general fund. Shocker the governor and the legislature do not feel the need to give the funds back to dfg.
We have Gray Davis and fucking MoonBeam to thank for this

Reactions: stairman
Upvote 0

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Tax money, even if earmarked for exclusive use like road repair, eventually ends up paying the unfunded liability of the PERS retirement system. It is sucking the state dry.

At least I EARNED my PERS pension. CA has 12% of the country's population. We have over 40% of the country's welfare...and dumbassbeam is giving illegals more and more of it every day. If we took care of our citizens we would be OK.

Political rant over.

Reactions: dh515 and wils
Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
At least I EARNED my PERS pension. CA has 12% of the country's population. We have over 40% of the country's welfare...and dumbassbeam is giving illegals more and more of it every day. If we took care of our citizens we would be OK.

Political rant over.

Its about 10% of total state and local spending to counter the town crier who said it is sucking the state dry. And for the indoctrinated, employees contribute 9% of all pension calculable wages as well, minimum, higher in some cases. And another fact, in 2000 and 2001, the EMPLOYERS contribution rate was 0% and less than 3%, while the employees remained 9%. It ain’t no free ride.

And I love the “unfunded liability”. I will let you explain to me what that means, or what you think it means? This is like saying your mortgage that has 28 years left on it is due tomorrow. That is unfunded liability and essentially the same as what you are describing.

Take a look at PEPRA as well. I may know something about that.

Alright my rant over.

And I am certain you earned it!

Last edited:
Reactions: dh515
Upvote 0

talltale

Feb 20, 2008
yucaipa
Name
chris
Boat
23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
Haha. This is why bd is the best site.

A post about Sea Shepard in Mexico ends up being an argument about CALPERs in California.

My opinions on that one for people other than police and fire would get the feed locked so I’ll keep it to myself. Haha.

Reactions: 26grumpy
Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Sorry to hijack your post!
http://www.ppic.org/publication/public-pension-liabilities-in-california/

These numbers are very old and have grown since then. There was legislation to borrow the money as needed, adding to the billions in state debt our grandchildren will pay for, but the state has a junk bond rating last time I heard.
These are newer numbers.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...olumns-blogs/dan-walters/article90368532.html

Total tax spending about 10%, for 2018, on pensions. Health care and schools, higher spending.

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/california_state_spending_pie_chart

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
don' worry..just keep voting for dems dat will fix everything

Upvote 0

Latest posts