Fished the Coronado Islands 5-9-2020 without a mexican fishing license.

Otto

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
I had my visa and the biosphere bracelet but no fishing license. I tried to purchase the license, but, Squidco and Dana landing both told me that Mexico isn't selling them until they implement something new. I went anyways ready to leave at first sign of license checking. I was hoping that since they are not selling fishing licenses now that they won't be checking. Never saw a Mexican patrol. Curious if anyone else has been checked in the last few days and when licenses will be sold again. Caught 2 yellows and a calico. Mostly slow fishing.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
I had my visa and the biosphere bracelet but no fishing license. I tried to purchase the license, but, Squidco and Dana landing both told me that Mexico isn't selling them until they implement something new. I went anyways ready to leave at first sign of license checking. I was hoping that since they are not selling fishing licenses now that they won't be checking. Never saw a Mexican patrol. Curious if anyone else has been checked in the last few days and when licenses will be sold again. Caught 2 yellows and a calico. Mostly slow fishing.
really not to smart telling the world you are fishing without a license..
you can buy them on line and get a print out when done.. easy peasy..

SEA SEVEN

Feb 2, 2006
San Diego
Name
None
Boat
None
Bro.. not smart. Could have impounded your boat. Go here:

MEX LICENSE

You know whats funny is .. On Friday .. someone on the radio was asking if the Mexican Navy was around the islands.. that had me cracking up.. like we know what you up to dude.... don't even try it .. but then you did and posted it. wow.. anyway click that link, that should get you a yearly license.

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
I looked at the conapesca website and it appeared it wasn't available at all now. I always try to stay legal. I suspect they aren't enforcing until fishing licenses are available. Curious when and if anyone has seen them enforcing in the last few days or in the near future.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Bro.. not smart. Could have impounded your boat. Go here:

MEX LICENSE

You know whats funny is .. On Friday .. someone on the radio was asking if the Mexican Navy was around the islands.. that had me cracking up.. like we know what you up to dude.... don't even try it .. but then you did and posted it. wow.. anyway click that link, that should get you a yearly license.
try this one... it might surprise you and work......of course you need to pay for it too...

pwstriper

Sep 26, 2005
San Diego, Clairemont
Name
Mike M
Boat
In between boats.. for now PQ, NLA, SHOGUN
try this one... it might surprise you and work......of course you need to pay for it too...
Baja Sur is not the Corondos, Baja Sur starts at Guerero Negro.

Reactions: strackle99

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
i was at the islands years ago , and the mex navy rolls up on us. i couldn't find my lic, they were drooling over the fact that they were going to get my boat. there armed military on my boat and they were getting ready to arrest me, at the last minute i found my lic. i now keep my lic's in my wallet . i would never fish coronados w/o. they can arrest you , and take everything you have and then go after you family.

18parker

Jun 22, 2008
fallbrook
Name
jeff
Boat
Cabo 226
Online purchase works just fine. Myself and two friends just got them the other day. The SAC website has a link to follow super easy. You got more balls than I to fish down there with no license.

Reactions: jer dog and gecsr1

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
That is what gives us a bad name.Just bought for me and my 2 kids yesterday at Pacific bait and tackle in carlsbad.They emailed me the license copy and i printed them out at home.I honestly wonder how many people are fishing down there without the proper paperwork.I even have my tip.I spent almost 400 bucks yesterday for 3 packs of squid,3 rapalas and licenses for me and my kids,then another 75 or so for visas.we are planning on going wednesday.I value my Stringari too much to chance it without paperwork.

Reactions: One_Leg

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
"plj46" you may be right brother. Maybe too late now. I'm hoping those following won't make the same mistake, announcing....or posting something OUR BD community will and or may be chastised for later.

Specifically when so many eyes are watching what we do here...In S.D. They dont care about the "Washington" boards. Just dont want to egg Mexico on.... where we ALL have to pay....if they change or close down the Islands. Just my thoughts....:shake:
🇺🇸
Be safe out there.

Reactions: ColinSD

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Mexico Navy was at islands Saturday. Didn't see them check anyone. Coastguard was out in force on Friday with two cutters and a plane working the boarder line. License good from last year and got all my permits online.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
:shake:

announce to the world that you just said "f it" when you knew it was req'd.

one can only hope that it's people like you that get made the example out of......and not somebody TRYING TO ABIDE BY THE REGS!

Wow, man......on several levels.