FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Thats Why They Have Earned Now the New Name as CATTLE BOATS! Gone are the Open Party / Sportboats of the Yesteryears.....MORE CATTLE, MORE MONEY!

Upvote 0

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
Typical Long Beach Fisherman - "JUST DEAL WITH IT BRO, STOP MOANING!" (casts 12 foot jigstick with newell over the head of someone fishing the rail)

You forgot when he cast out he backlashes, tangles the entire stern of the boat and blames your head for messing up his casts.

He then gets drunk passes out and walks away with two of your yellowtail at the dock. Haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: jollanes and Haly0
Upvote 0
B

BigPlay

You forgot when he cast out he backlashes tangles the entire stern of the boat and blames your head for messing up his casts.

He then gets drunk passes out and walks away with two of your yellowtail at the dock. Haha.
Nearly fell out of my chair reading this....

Upvote 0

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
Remember when boats had numbers with colors on them and you rotated numbers throughout the day? I used to fish 1/2 day trips with 80 to 90 people on them. It's always been that way and it will not change.

Reactions: sealskinner
Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
im happy and also surprised that bruce can get that many people on his boat.
when you go on Most Boats, You get what you pay For
that's why I Fish Mostly Limited Load Trips
when I fish for Tuna, but I do a couple Cattle Boat
trips a year, just to get out of the House.

Upvote 0

Azarkon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
Even 55 is too many on a 70 feet boat.

I like how certain boats run with 45 as limited load. It's crazy.

Around 30 is the magic cut off. Of course less is always better but with 30 people you have enough room to enjoy your trip. You can fit more on the anchor but as soon as the boat does a drift, it's 30 or might as well not try.

Upvote 0

KINGSIZE

On The Iron
  • Jul 9, 2010
    Simi Valley
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Searcher
    We run with 18 on the Gail Force and 25 on the Triton, 5am - 5pm Fishing Catalina Island. Believe it or not it's actually fun to fish like that!

Here are a few links for you guys to check out.....

gailforcesportfishing. com

https://triton.virtuallanding.com/e107_plugins/booking/openparty.php

http://gailforce.virtuallanding.com/e107_plugins/booking/openparty.php

I'll be honest, I've actually never fished on either the Gail Force or Triton. Sorry for "grouping" you guys into the mix. Id say the same for the guys on the Ultra. I prefer ultra limited loads that do cost more since I pretty much only fish jigs. I could careless if everyone is killing them on bait, I'll stick with my jigs and go home fishless, but happy to enjoy a day on the water.

Couple of my buddies will be on-board with you guys this coming Saturday.

Reactions: jigmonster
    Upvote 0

alex morataya

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 14, 2007
    Burbank
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    none
    View attachment 847033 My wife and I were on the Sport King last Friday with 70 people. We got there early and were in the stern, but even with all those folks we landed 3 yellows and 7 bonito between us along with a released legal calico, several shorts, and a couple of short barracuda.

I did go to the bow and caught a bonito and a short barracuda on jigs before giving up.

It was tight, but the crew was great, Bruce worked his tail off to find us fish, and all in all it was a great trip for us even with so many people.

way to go...
    digging the Long Beach hat! go beach!

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Its a bummer that the LA Sportfishing scene has turned into such an industrialized cash grab. The Monte Carlo will stuff as many as 80 people on that boat for AM and PM half days. Most of the 3/4 - Full day boats that go to Catalina anymore are overcrowded and full of stressed out grumpy fishermen. The fishery in Catalina is really good, I just wish there were more boats fishing it. With a few exceptions you don't see gang bangs like that in Ventura or San Diego.
    Yes you do get crowds like that on San Diego boats.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 23, 2012
    los angeles
    Name
    Fishead
    Boat
    cash carrying ho
    when you go on Most Boats, You get what you pay For
    that's why I Fish Mostly Limited Load Trips
    when I fish for Tuna, but I do a couple Cattle Boat
    trips a year, just to get out of the House.
    i understand your point the point i was making was bruce doesnt usually fill up his boat.

Upvote 0

Mickdick

Nov 9, 2014
    Thousand Oaks
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Parker 2310
    Exactly why I make the 1.25 hour drive to Ventura or 3 hours to SD these days. Sucks because 22nd Street and LA Waterfront are only 30 minutes from my house.
    Really? 22nd st is 30 mins from Granada Hills but Ventura is an hour and a quarter? You're high...

Upvote 0

fish&snow

lurker
    May 27, 2014
    Name
    James
    Boat
    Reel Freedom
    I would pay a little more and get on overnighters. Way more rail space. I would spend lots of money, but had great times. My problem is that i always had one of my kids with me and the price doubled or tripled, depending on how many kids I took with me, so I decided to join a boat club and we go out all the time with family and friends. Its the best decision I have ever made.

I have access to 8 boats slipped for all types of water fun. 2 Parkers ( 1 2017, 1 2016), 1 2017 Cobia CC, 1 2016 Key West CC, 1 2017 Cobia Bay boat, 2 2016 Bow Riders for fishing, cruising or wake boarding. We also have a Duffy for drunk cruises around the harbor. We go out at least 4 times a month and have a great time doing what WE want. No boat cleaning, or maintenance. No towing or paying for a slip. What I pay a month, is cheaper than most pay for a small slip. Its cheaper than owning and towing. Ive owned and I could never get out as much as I do now.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    B

BigPlay

Yes you do get crowds like that on San Diego boats.
    Mission Bell Max is 45
    Point Loma Max is 45
    I would pay a little more and get on overnighters. Way more rail space. I would spend lots of money, but had great times. My problem is that i always had one of my kids with me and the price doubled or tripled, depending on how many kids I took with me, so I decided to join a boat club and we go out all the time with family and friends. Its the best decision I have ever made.

I have access to 8 boats slipped for all types of water fun. 2 Parkers ( 1 2017, 1 2016), 1 2017 Cobia CC, 1 2016 Key West CC, 1 2017 Cobia Bay boat, 2 2016 Bow Riders for fishing, cruising or wake boarding. We also have a Duffy for drunk cruises around the harbor. We go out at least 4 times a month and have a great time doing what WE want. No boat cleaning, or maintenance. No towing or paying for a slip. What I pay a month, is cheaper than most pay for a small slip. Its cheaper than owning and towing. Ive owned and I could never get out as much as I do now.
    Freedom Boat Club? Is there any other game in town here in SOcal?

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
    Apr 5, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    I wish there are more limited load trips in the LA/OC area. I'm looking for a boat to ride this coming Monday. Offshore has been hit/miss with mostly misses. A couple of guys in our group can't get kitchen passes for overnight trips. So full day Catalina trips are the only game for us. All of the limited load boats are either chartered or sold out. So we'll have to wait and see which remaining cattle boat will have the fewest heads to jump on. We'll most likely be fishing with 50 other anglers at a minimum.

That's why I fish the iron 90% of the time. 8-)

Upvote 0

Latest posts