Fish Processing in Loreto??

t_dub

I remember when I used to fish.............
Jan 3, 2010
Kenmore
Name
Ty
Boat
20' Hewescraft Searunner
Heading down middle of next month to chase yellowtail and haven't been very successful with Mr. Google finding a company that will process, vacuum pack and store your fish until you leave. Anyone have any leads?

danny warren

Almost A Member
Jun 1, 2014
Name
Danny
Boat
14ft minnow,17ft Willies driftboat
Take zip locks and have your hotel put in freezer. Works for me when we go to Mexico. I also take a cooler with wheels to put it for flight back

Reactions: blowncar

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Awful confident aren’t you??? Hahahaha.

t_dub

Jan 3, 2010
Kenmore
Name
Ty
Boat
20' Hewescraft Searunner
There’s a guy named Jorge who has had a fish processing and vacume service. I suppose he’s still in business. Contact [email protected]
011-52-1-613-109-3093
Hopefully he can help you.
Thanks for the lead. I actually saw this guy on some post from a different board from 4-5 years ago. Said he worked for Baja Fish Co but when I googled them, got nothing. I'll try shooting him an email. I might just end up packing down a cheap vacuum sealer in my cooler with a bunch of bags and leave it for the guy that runs the charter. We're staying in a little casita so no hotel to work with for freezer space.

t_dub

Jan 3, 2010
Kenmore
Name
Ty
Boat
20' Hewescraft Searunner
Thanks for the lead. I actually saw this guy on some post from a different board from 4-5 years ago. Said he worked for Baja Fish Co but when I googled them, got nothing. I'll try shooting him an email. I might just end up packing down a cheap vacuum sealer in my cooler with a bunch of bags and leave it for the guy that runs the charter. We're staying in a little casita so no hotel to work with for freezer space.

No bueno on Jorge. Email came back undeliverable. Cheap vacuum packer it is.

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
Buddy going down March 18-25th. He said he just puts them in big ziplocks, they are frozen where he stays then vacpacs when he gets home. Have fun. He killed it two years ago.

t_dub

Jan 3, 2010
Kenmore
Name
Ty
Boat
20' Hewescraft Searunner
Buddy going down March 18-25th. He said he just puts them in big ziplocks, they are frozen where he stays then vacpacs when he gets home. Have fun. He killed it two years ago.
Who's your buddy? It's not Liam is it? That's the exact same time I'm going down there. Going with a neighbor (Aaron) and his friend (Liam), who I've never met before.

Floatflyer

Hope to Catch a Fish!
Apr 8, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
Name
Floatflyer
Boat
24' Bayliner, Ni Modo
You might try posting your question on the Mexico Fishing Forum here on Bloody Decks. Another good option is to post on Baja Nomads, another website that is very active and helpful. Wish I were going with you, good luck.

canuckjc

Aug 7, 2011
Redmond
Name
Jimmy C
Boat
N/A
I fish with Manuel Torres when in Loreto. Besides being a great guide and better person, he also has his brother/cousin process, vacuum bag, and freeze the fish for us. He'll meet us on the day of departure with the fish and we square up for the processing.

Can't recommend Manuel enough.

Reactions: ricogrande