reefmaster13

a.k.a. BIG GUY
Dec 10, 2008
Riverside, CA.
Name
Lance Herdan
Boat
not yet
i took my wife and kids to a family reunion at fish lake. went out the first morning at 6 a.m. and fished from the shore, using a water bobber and some power bait and caught 6 yellow perch (released) then my wife and kids join me for some fishing a couple of hours later and no more fish. next day we rented a pontoon boat just for fun and to get all the family out on the water, tried to troll from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. for trout using pop gear and a worm and got nothing. the next day we went out on our friends boat from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., trolling the same pop gear and worm (but this time we got to use two downriggers) we had four lines out and we caught 14 rainbows and 1 splake, all in the 2-3 lb. range. my wife caught the big fish of the day and my kids helped me bring in a couple of fish and got to drive the boat, they had a blast. here is some pictures of our trip

Attachments

SepticDeath

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
John Nicita
Boat
I only wish
that sucks. at least you have some good recent memories to think about while filing the freakin unemployment paperwork. Hope it flips fast for ya, good luck.

ifishinxs

Mar 29, 2003
Cedar City, Utah
Name
Bob
Boat
Waders
Nice going. I fished that lake with my family a few years back. We stayed in those small cabins close to the Rental boats and launch ramp..

For us it was WFO at first light slow trolling spinners. Once the sun was up that bite stopped... Then we would switch over to catching the perch and an occassional trout on the bobber worm set up..

Beautiful place for sure..Lots of deer and elk around..

Down riggers with a good fishfinder and you could do some real damage on the larger trout..

johnnylite

Never too late to change.
Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
What a beautiful family you have and that's what matters. Cool pics the one on the log and your daughter driving the boat. Those memories will last forever.
Mine are 24 and 19 now but I still get to fish with them. Good luck on the job hunt.
What do you do?

reefmaster13

a.k.a. BIG GUY
Dec 10, 2008
Riverside, CA.
Name
Lance Herdan
Boat
not yet
What a beautiful family you have and that's what matters. Cool pics the one on the log and your daughter driving the boat. Those memories will last forever.
Mine are 24 and 19 now but I still get to fish with them. Good luck on the job hunt.
What do you do?
thank you. i cant wait to do more fishing trips with my kids, they had so much fun. i used to work for a small sign company, installing signs for new housing tracks and commercial real estate. i have been wanting to change jobs for a while now, but wish i had a new job first. been with that sign shop for 13 years.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
Looks like you guys had fun up there, nothing better than getting the kiddies into fish.

How were the temps during the day and night? I was thinking of dragging my son up there in a few weeks if it's nice, not hot. We usually go up there mid-May and freeze out butts off camping, days are chilly-nice but the nights are friggin cold, boat iced up in the morning.

Hear of anyone catching any mac's while you were up there?

reefmaster13

a.k.a. BIG GUY
Dec 10, 2008
Riverside, CA.
Name
Lance Herdan
Boat
not yet
Looks like you guys had fun up there, nothing better than getting the kiddies into fish.

How were the temps during the day and night? I was thinking of dragging my son up there in a few weeks if it's nice, not hot. We usually go up there mid-May and freeze out butts off camping, days are chilly-nice but the nights are friggin cold, boat iced up in the morning.

Hear of anyone catching any mac's while you were up there?
we had a great time. the weather was perfect about 87-88 degrees during the day. it rained a couple of times one day for about 5 min., night time was not too cold. our friends parents who took us out on their boat caught a 38" and a 32" mac the morning before(trolling). and one other guy on the last day caught a 15 lb. mac.(jigging). drag your boy up there and have a good time. i cant wait till next year.

tunakid4321

May 17, 2004
Malibu/San Diego/Boise
Name
Travis
Boat
None
My family used to vacation there every summer growing up as a kid. That trip looks super fungreat job taking the whole fam fishing! My brother and I figured out that night crawlers off the bank there will produce a bunch of big ole carp that fight like yellowtail compared to the trout. The next couple of summers we brought our polarized glasses and compound bows and ended up slaying those fish. Good times

reefmaster13

a.k.a. BIG GUY
Dec 10, 2008
Riverside, CA.
Name
Lance Herdan
Boat
not yet
My family used to vacation there every summer growing up as a kid. That trip looks super fungreat job taking the whole fam fishing! My brother and I figured out that night crawlers off the bank there will produce a bunch of big ole carp that fight like yellowtail compared to the trout. The next couple of summers we brought our polarized glasses and compound bows and ended up slaying those fish. Good times
thats cool fishing with a bow, i have never done that. i heard that people spear fish at FISH LAKE. our family plans on going again next year in july.