Fish Count and Reports

tmoola

Jun 23, 2012
Garden Grove
Name
TD
Boat
NA
How accurate are the fish reports? I was on a 1.5 day this weekend and they said the fish ranged from 60 to 120 lbs. I swore my fish was like 25lbs max :p but I'm not an expert. Are they just inflating the numbers?

BTW I had it filleted before I could weigh it.....

Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    Fishing is fishing, all one can hope for is a big one! Once you forget about the possibilities its time to hang it up.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    It's kind of a game they play. If they have 20 passengers and 39 blufin that are 10lb footballs and one 80lb fish the report will read "LIMITS OF BLUFIN UP TO 80LBS". Same with dorado. When you read "Limits of Dorado" it is usually Mexican limits which is 2 per day and they are usually 3 or 4 lb rats. You are much better off getting your info from individuals who were on a recent trip. They can give you the real story.

Upvote 0

eric perez

stillapinhead
    Mar 3, 2018
    Costa Mesa Ca
    Name
    eric perez
    Boat
    no mas
    I dont use alot of Apps... I get enough Tech crap at work... but Instagram is a good tool to get daily updates... most of the popular sport fishers have pages they update live... the best boat at doing this I think is the Red Rooster III... theyll post every couple hours with catches and photos... theyll even reply to questions on rigs... tackle... etc... from the spot... pretty cool...

Upvote 0