Fish cooler bag

Dec 7, 2021
Ny
Name
Bob
Boat
Yes
Hi all long time lurker first time poster. What are people's thoughts on fish cooler bags. I have seen people with them and they seem much nicer to haul around then a cooler. I found a couple on ebay that look really nice and wanted to check with the group here before pulling the trigger.

Thanks

Upvote 0

SouthBayTom

Aug 29, 2003
xxx
Visit site
Name
xxx
Boat
xxx
Reliable Fishing Products - totally satisfied with the one I bought at least 10 years ago. Very durable and most importantly excellent at keeping your catch ice cold. Just have to keep in mind that the bag isn't moving once it's full of ice and fish.

Upvote 0

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
So you know, kill bags leak by design. If you want a direct replacement for a cooler the AO soft coolers Mark mentioned are awesome. If it's only going in a truck bed or on the ground kill bags work well too.

Upvote 0

Jurel Hunter

We need to talk about your fishing reports.
  • Mar 11, 2007
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    FV Soldandgone
    agree w all posts above. personally i use large cooler for transporting fish bc no leaks in my van. if u get fish bag, get high quality one (reliable is gud brand). when fish bag is brand new, turn it inside out and seal seams w 3m 5200. will prevent leaks for up to cupl years. ive had other discount brands that were just garbage-inner pouch delaminates, zippers rip out, etc.

Upvote 0

JoeJeff

• Sep 24, 2021
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    JOSEPH KENNETH JEFFREY
    Boat
    191 Monark CC
    I agree with all the posts above. I personally prefer to use an insulated kill bag as a cooler while on the boat. The brand I have is a buffalo gear, which I'm pretty sure is a generic brand that several other companies use (I believe Mako uses the same brand). It works great and will keep ice overnight if needed. While it's called a kill bag, its usually filled with beers and not fish . . . still trying to get my spots down.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Wilderness Pack Specialties in OR has stock and does custom sizes too. Several folks up here bought them for in their floors.

Upvote 0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Ny
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Yes
    Thanks all!! really appreciate all the helpful information. @JoeJeff one of the ones I was looking at on eBay was actually a buffalo gear the other was I think ice shark. I will check out the reliable as well.

Reactions: JoeJeff
    Upvote 0