Ling Pirates

Team Punisher
Aug 9, 2017
Onalaska
Name
Jim
Boat
Hewescraft 220 Sea Runner ET
Even though the bite has been off the last few days I made a run on Fri, had an out of town buddy that had never caught a tuna, so no pressure.....right.

I'm not much for following the pack so I did my best as a second year tuna guy looking at the data and made a 65 mile run. Didn't see another boat all day, did find enough tuna that my buddy got to pull on a few and has caught the tuna bug now....and paid my fuel bill so its all good.

7 tuna, all troll caught, west side of the Quinalt Canyon...say 125.30 ish and out...trying to find decent water temp, only managed 62.

Couple pics, buddy with shit eating grin holding a peanut...his first ever, and the smallest tuna of the trip. We had several the size of the one I'm holding.

Just glad to get a few to be honest after the recent reports.

Be safe folks.....btw, ya I know, spelled season wrong.

20200801_130153.jpg

20200801_130132.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ling Pirates

Team Punisher
Aug 9, 2017
Onalaska
Name
Jim
Boat
I use 4 Diawa UTD 400 Mooching reels as my troll reels, talk about a blast playing tuna....huge line capacity, direct drive, excellent drag systems, but slow to crank in...oh well. Ran the side Flobes low this trip for a test. I only run 4 troll rods. 9.5 ft 15/30 Diawa wilderness rods on the side and 9 fters off the stern.

The rod in the silver rod holder is a jig rod if that's what your looking at...not one of the troll lines.

20190907_071539.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WaveDancer
Upvote 0

KeyserSoza

Aug 28, 2018
Port Orchard
Name
Jeff
Boat
2352 Trophy
I am headed out tomorrow at dawn. Planning on 125.30 out of Ilwaco. I will let you guys know. Good luck, but hell I am here and the water looks good for the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ling Pirates
Upvote 0

Mark Mead

Dapooh
Jul 26, 2015
Graham
Name
DaPooh
Boat
24' Alaskan Hewescraft
See you have a Hewes craft Boat. What are you doing with your live well to make it work while running? Nice job by the way! That's what got a rookie hooked in me is those damn tuna runs!

Upvote 0

Ling Pirates

Team Punisher
Aug 9, 2017
Onalaska
Name
Jim
Boat
I don't use either of my live wells, bow or stern. Might install a bait tank, need a tall tank not the long shallow tanks Hewes installs. Tried to use the huge stern fishbox/bait tank as a slurry tank one time, had salty ice water flying everywhere around the hatch cover on a rough sea. For now I just pitch jigs and zombie anchovies on "bait" stops.

Last edited:
Reactions: hobbes
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Sounds like off the CR fish that some got into the last couple of days.

Upvote 0

Latest posts