G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
That’s a lot of tuna and that’s cool! 6 months of fishing.

The reported prices are a little off For “well below wholesale”, but it’s rare that the media can get anything right. Selling well below wholesale at $12.00 per pound for loins....

Years of plentiful tuna they get $1.25 per pound whole fish.... skinny years they get $1.75-$1.95 whole fish.... loins wholesale might get $4.00 per pound. That was here in Oregon, maybe it’s more up there...

PNWMatt2016

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2016
Bothell
Name
Matt Frazier
Boat
Need One!
High Seas Fishery is insane! One of my first gigs in the commercial world was working on a SD Bait Boat. I couldn't begin to explain how weird it is coming back on land after months being on a boat. These guys are all over Facebook Marketplace right now. You have to do what you can to adapt with these times! Might be time for them to create a St. Jude label and can product...Or donate some volumes to people/operations in need.

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
I would have stayed in Samoa. At least it’s warm there…

I hope they can get buyers soon! I feel bad for all of the small businesses that are getting buried by massive corporations

Reactions: One_Leg and marlyn

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
High Seas Fishery is insane! One of my first gigs in the commercial world was working on a SD Bait Boat. I couldn't begin to explain how weird it is coming back on land after months being on a boat. These guys are all over Facebook Marketplace right now. You have to do what you can to adapt with these times! Might be time for them to create a St. Jude label and can product...Or donate some volumes to people/operations in need.
they're probably best known for that. you can find them all over supermarkets for $10 or so a can (!!!!).

PNWMatt2016

Sep 12, 2016
Bothell
Name
Matt Frazier
Boat
Need One!
they're probably best known for that. you can find them all over supermarkets for $10 or so a can (!!!!).
Boom!!!
There ya go! See what me not shopping for seafood at grocery stores gets me? Unedumakated ;)

Hopefully they can get this product moved out!

Reactions: bdrlgion

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Microwave

Just kidding. Put them in a cooler with the lid open in a cool shop Or on a plastic table (be ready to clean up with paper towels. I assume this is so you can chop and can. I would Cark them while they are still stiff and loin them out. Meat will cut nice when it’s firm. Then you can vacuum pack loins or start to chop for canning.

PNWMatt2016

Sep 12, 2016
Bothell
Name
Matt Frazier
Boat
Need One!
Slack in the fridge...are they whole? Lop off the head/tail and guts. Sheet pan and in the fridge. 24 hours or close to it. Might want to fillet/loin when they are still partially frozen/chilled. Makes it a bit easier to get thr meat off the bone! Enjoy!!!

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
What's the best way to thaw them out and how long does it take?
Im gonna leave mine in the Ocean for about another month or so. Then I'll pack on ice for the drive home. Will be very firm and ready to clean. Usually takes about 2 hours to clean - vacuum pack or put into retort pouches.