First time receiving Rainshadow Immortal blank...

The American Tackle Company

coweyes

Almost A Member
  • Mar 12, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    coweyes
    Boat
    dd
    I just started my own rod building the first time and went ahead to order RS Immortal spinning blank from Utmost. Carlo helped to put together the order and got delivered quickly. Once upon receiving the blank (IMMS68ML), the tip section has half inch long, hair width graphite peeling off from tip and hangs there. And when I try to put a light bend on upper 1/4 section and roll the butt on smooth table to find the spine I hear strange squeaking noise every time I roll the blank. Further inspected I found there are multiple cracked line near the tip section and the tip section deformed when apply light pressure. Not impressed for the newbie first time rod builder...Contacted Utmost and hopefully will hear back from them tomorrow.

Reactions: Capt Richie
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Maybe it's just shipping damage.How well was it packaged ?

coweyes

Almost A Member
  • Mar 12, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    coweyes
    Boat
    dd
    Carol did opened the rod and helped me measure the section OD on the blank, but I don't see any damage from the package. They ship the blank in solid PVC pipe and with bubble wrap padding on both top and bottom section.

Upvote 0

bentbaitstick

Sep 11, 2012
    Socal
    Name
    Charley Tabbara
    Boat
    Boat
    I'm not doing popcorn will just grab a beer. When I check this post tomorrow I guess I have to grab a beer in the morning. Post some pics. Either way I'm sure you will be taken care of.

Upvote 0

coweyes

Almost A Member
  • Mar 12, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    coweyes
    Boat
    dd
    Yes I am sure they will handle it right. I am just bit of frustrated as I am a first time rod builder and my first blank from a reputation company has this defect.

Reactions: Larry S
    Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    iv`e had great luck with mine , no problems at all , i`m sure they will make good on it

Upvote 0

Larry S

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Yes I am sure they will handle it right. I am just bit of frustrated as I am a first time rod builder and my first blank from a reputation company has this defect.
    A dude brought over a blank in the tube, supposed to be 8ft, tip broken, shipping tube was only 94 1/4in. Manuufacturer had to know it was broken, 96in, in a 94 1/4 tube?

• Wow
    Reactions: Mtnfshr
    Upvote 0

Bill Batson

Bill Batson
    Mar 26, 2007
    Sequim, WA
    Name
    Bill Batson
    Boat
    Bayrunner, Leiana Rae
    The Blank will be replaced>> Very ODD but stuff happens>> Batson Rainshadow wholesale blanks are the #1 selling blank in the industry worldwide...Goes to show you no company is perfect. I am far from from it..
    If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly..
    Bill Batson
    Rod Builder/Fisherman/CEO
    Batson Enterprises
    Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS product lines
    877-875-2381
    [email protected]

Upvote 0

Orca

シャチ, 鯱
    Aug 16, 2003
    Mira Mesa Ca
    Name
    Don
    Boat
    2359 Trophy, Irene Sea
    A dude brought over a blank in the tube, supposed to be 8ft, tip broken, shipping tube was only 94 1/4in. Manuufacturer had to know it was broken, 96in, in a 94 1/4 tube?
    Relevance ?????:shakin:

Reactions: Mtnfshr and gecsr1
    Upvote 0

coweyes

Almost A Member
  • Mar 12, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    coweyes
    Boat
    dd
    The Blank will be replaced>> Very ODD but stuff happens>> Batson Rainshadow wholesale blanks are the #1 selling blank in the industry worldwide...Goes to show you no company is perfect. I am far from from it..
    Bill Batson
    Batson Enterprises
    877-875-2381
    [email protected]
    Carol will contact Batson and see if they can get a replacement blank from your firm. I still have high hope from RS and all the Batson line/product. After this has been handled I will close the thread, no need to put on BD for blast for sure.

K. D.

Apr 20, 2011
    Bremerton, WA
    Name
    Kerry Hansen
    Boat
    RIVER SLED
    I just started my own rod building the first time and went ahead to order RS Immortal spinning blank from Utmost. Carlo helped to put together the order and got delivered quickly. Once upon receiving the blank (IMMS68ML), the tip section has half inch long, hair width graphite peeling off from tip and hangs there. And when I try to put a light bend on upper 1/4 section and roll the butt on smooth table to find the spine I hear strange squeaking noise every time I roll the blank. Further inspected I found there are multiple cracked line near the tip section and the tip section deformed when apply light pressure. Not impressed for the newbie first time rod builder...Contacted Utmost and hopefully will hear back from them tomorrow.
    Carol at Utmost is AWESOME. Here is what happened to me in the past. I ordered (6 or more) 7' one piece blanks from a company. When I received it and removed the PVC cap, it pulled out one of the blanks and I was puzzled? I looked closer and noticed there were several holes in the cap. Then I found that some of the blanks were 1" short, so I figured out what happened. Some idiot shipping guy/gal took that tube of blanks and heaved it like a Harpoon. The bad thing was (50-50) chance it was tip forward, so when the tube hit something and stopped, the blanks kept moving forward and penetrated the cap, then they were sheared off! Your bad luck was that they threw your shipping tube with the blank going tip first. Butt first probably nothing would happened.

Upvote 0

RWP

Almost A Member
    Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    Carol at Utmost is AWESOME. Here is what happened to me in the past. I ordered (6 or more) 7' one piece blanks from a company. When I received it and removed the PVC cap, it pulled out one of the blanks and I was puzzled? I looked closer and noticed there were several holes in the cap. Then I found that some of the blanks were 1" short, so I figured out what happened. Some idiot shipping guy/gal took that tube of blanks and heaved it like a Harpoon. The bad thing was (50-50) chance it was tip forward, so when the tube hit something and stopped, the blanks kept moving forward and penetrated the cap, then they were sheared off! Your bad luck was that they threw your shipping tube with the blank going tip first. Butt first probably nothing would happened.

That's called poor packaging. Its just like companies that ship reel seats in plastic bags and are surprised when they get crushed.

Complete BS and lack of respect for their customers and products that they sell.

Upvote 0

Nirvana

But I don't want to edit this section
    Aug 20, 2010
    Sequim, WA USA
    Name
    Grant Darby
    Boat
    Which one?
    Ouch. That's a pretty broad brush my friend.

Upvote 0

coweyes

Almost A Member
  • Mar 12, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    coweyes
    Boat
    dd
    Carol helped me to contact Batson and got a replacement blank shipped. The replacement is good. They sort things out quickly.
    And I also got a name card and note from Bill Batson himself. They are really good company tho.

Reactions: Hotroddin
    Upvote 0

coweyes

Almost A Member
  • Mar 12, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Name
    coweyes
    Boat
    dd
    Bill Batson
    Batson Enterprises
    877-875-2381
    [email protected]
    Thanks! Got the blank and also the note from you. Really appreciate.

Reactions: Bill Batson
    Upvote 0