force21

Oldie
Mar 3, 2009
Kailua Hi USA
Name
Glenn
Boat
21 Force JAYMIELYN
Went out last Saturday to try out some bottom fishing, caught a mixed bag & had some good fun with my partner fishing. Hopefully we get better at this style of fishing. Dropped lines at depths from 900 to 700 feet & drifted to shallows around the 500 feet area. Kahala's were around the 300 foot depth so we steered clear of that depth.

Attachments

keverly

Oct 16, 2010
Hilo
Name
Ken
Boat
20 foot BW outrage
Wow beautiful boat I'm drooling haha and very respectable catch I'm looking at doing the same thing when my boat gets here seeing your catch is making me more eager to get out there. Nice job!

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Very cool. Nice Onaga!

Yama

Captain
Jul 10, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Yama
Boat
25 ft Parker - Akiyo
Nice catch....keep going for it. I've caught large kahalas at the same depths. Just depends, but I still keep kahalas under 10 lbs, especially if that's all that we're catching. Small kahalas make decent sash as long as not too wormy. But I still don't know why I'm the only one grinding them at the table????

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Glenn and crew,
Beautiful Naga... Glad you had fun!!!

Pat

Irunthedeck

Gilligan
Nov 26, 2011
Kailua, Oahu
Name
Jack
Boat
Friends's boat
Nice going on the catch. Next gotta find the 'paka holes, but who's complaining when you get onaga LOL . That cutting table is sweet, home made or did you buy it somewhere ?
Also, you got electric reels or you hand cranking 'um from that depth ?

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Glenn,
Considering that was your first attempt at deep bottomfishing, that is a nice catch of Ehu, Gindai and a good size Onaga! The trolling leaves a lot to be desired right now (slow and low prices for Mahis), bottom fishing is a nice alternative ........good eats and gets top dollar at the block!

oh da shiz

did you say go pheeesh
Jun 13, 2006
Escondido
Name
Jason
Boat
Ranger Z21
for your first time that is awesome. Beautiful Onaga too. That's a trophy right there. I remember the first time I went deep bottom off Kauai, I'll never forget it.

the Goodlife

SMILE!!!!! YOUR NOT DEAD!
Nov 19, 2008
PQ
Name
Aaron
Boat
14 & 20' Bayliner, Thee Goodlife & Captin Morgan
Nice Catch!.. Nice Table Also!!... Where Can I Get One??? :hali_olutta::hali_olutta:

oahu seacat

Jun 27, 2012
kailua Hawaii
Name
kevin
Boat
hinahana
Nice fish, nothing like trying some thing for the first time and having success!Congratulations. Like others, I'm curious, where'd you get the table?

wadesauto

May 6, 2009
Waipahu/HI
Name
wade
Boat
2150 seaswirl -FANTASEA
nice catch. hope you get more. we still haven't tried deep bottom yet. making me want to get out there and try

force21

Oldie
Mar 3, 2009
Kailua Hi USA
Name
Glenn
Boat
21 Force JAYMIELYN
Mahalo for the compliments! First of all I found the fish cutting table at Roy's Fishing Supply in Pearl City, it make cleaning easier! No "scales" in the sink & "fish smell" in the house! Also fertilizes the yard!LOL. But the height is great (saves my back)! from stooping over. I used a Henry Ching w/spool & my crew (Felix) had an electra-mate 12/0....works way better! 4 hook rig to eliminate tangles & PALU a must! Well hope this helps, good luck to all!