titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Last week I met a guy willing to take me along fishing. Drove up from OC and met up with him at the harbor at 6:30am. We loaded up and headed out to the breakwall. We fished from ~7am-10:30am and found some willing biters including my first Cabezon! Used some MC 5" and 7" Viejo swimmers as well as a Recon creature craw. The fish were fairly close to the wall but holding on the bottom. I ended up with 3 Calicos, 2 Sand Bass and a Cab. My gracious host ended up with 1 Calico.

ilovecalicos

May 4, 2010
escondido, ca. usa
Name
steve
Boat
14' camo alumicraft
Congrats on your "Wall" experience.......:appl:

Hit it at night.......Scary at first, but when you get bent by a big bull in close. You'll be fishing it at close range from then on.......:goldfish:

titos334

VIP Elite Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hell
Name
Kevin
Boat
Rainbow Surprise
Congrats on your "Wall" experience.......:appl:

Hit it at night.......Scary at first, but when you get bent by a big bull in close. You'll be fishing it at close range from then on.......:goldfish:

Thanks but I don't have night access, I'm just happy I was able to make it out.

ilovecalicos

May 4, 2010
escondido, ca. usa
Name
steve
Boat
14' camo alumicraft
I fished the wall for many years out of my 14' Alumicraft (no trolling motor either)......A light in the front and one in the back is all you need......In fact, I always thought fishing out of the tin boat was better than fishing out of my Ranger 380 Chief.....Like I said before, I liked pulling on them from the foam. The aluminum would just bounce off those rocks.......LOL

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Jupiter 31 - twin Yamaha F300's
Great wall report. That is a grumpy sandie! I've been kicking around the idea of mixing in a creature bait......now I have the motivation!!