tuner

pysgotwyr
May 24, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Steve
Boat
260 Mackinaw
Aside from all the great reports lately, I have had some trouble finding the fish for the last few weeks. Here is last weeks result, on the troll no less :shake:

Today was a new story :D A few drifts past Emmy and my first legal "but" is in the boat

We both got a few solid hits on the subsequent drifts but only boated a single sandy in an hour so we headed for the "armada at the flats".
All the local sporties were there, sitting in 120 ft of water off the HB pier. I dropped the hook and sent my plastic down for instant hookup :D
Annette broke her fish off early and I landed a 2+ pounder (sandy).
I had a blue megabait on my jig stick and fired off a few casts before feeling that solid cuda thump :)

I'm stoked at this point, halibut in the livewell and a nice bass and cuda released :D
I make a few more casts and let one sink out a bit more. The iron gets wacked again !! This is not a cuda, but a solid fish for sure. I get color and I cant believe my luck :D

Poor Annette is not feeling the love and a bad knot on a solid fish really didn't help :(
The wind had laid down and other than some swell, the conditions were awesome.

Two more nice cudas for me and we called it a day. This is the better of the last two.

Fish count:
1 halibut
3 sand bass
3 barracuda
We just finished our halibut BBQ....mmmm.

Steve

inSTANt bendo

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 1, 2003
Temecula
Name
Stan
Boat
Outrider
KC Kevin said:
Nice! But where is the picture of Anette?
1st report WITH pics! You musta done some readin' on here before you posted. Cool report.

And don't mind Kevin.....he's just pervin' out as usual.:jerkoff:

Stringer

Idiot Savant
Jul 7, 2005
Bakersfield
Name
Stringer
Boat
25 Skipjack FB
I like the troll fish, thats pretty funny

GoodTimes

Let the Goodtimes Roll...
Jun 22, 2004
Glendale
Name
Gary
Boat
23 Wellcraft
Great first post! Keep them coming... Now I need to fix my boat so I could get out there..

tuner

pysgotwyr
May 24, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Steve
Boat
260 Mackinaw
Thanks,

The next time we catch something worthy, I'll post it :finger:

This is Annette, my lovely wife and Jr. deckhand :)

Steve