First of the Last Crusade

Discussion in 'Home Built Fishing Lures' started by jarredondo684, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    These are a couple few of the last ones I will be able to crank out for a while. I have a few more that need to be sanded and polished. After these I will be concentrating on a new born son, so time to pour,sand, etc will be hard to come by. I hope to use these sometime soon.......I hope!:hali_olutta:

Attached Files:

2. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    Congrats on the new baby boy and the new lures are killer!

3. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    Thanks John! I hope to show him a thing or two at some point. These should see some action in the Gulf soon.

How are the conditions there in Guam offshore?

4. Big Pancho

Big Pancho Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    congrats Joe on the new baby soon enough he will right next to you sanding and polishing lure heads. Brother don't wait to long to get him his first fishing pole. I remember back in the day when my pops got me one of those push button ZEBCO Combos. A lot of good memories with the old man. Enjoy your new son they grow up real fast. Joe your lures look amazing keep up the great work when you can.

BP

5. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    That trusty Zebco seems to be the most gangsta reel out there! It is truely a multi generation reel that works for everyone. Thank you Frank!

6. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Joe once your boy masters the Zebco. He will have to move up to the Ranco POCKET FISHERMAN! Talk about old school. This was the shit back in the day. Later brother.

BP

7. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    When and where does the cane pole figure in the the fishing lessons???:rofl:

8. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    LOL Joe on the cane pole!!!!!!! Now that shit is plain out GHETTO but as a kid we used them for catching bluegill back in the Mid 70's when I was a wee lad. A lot of fun. Also we had a few trout pond here in California where the cane pole was the only thing they let you fish with. The trout were so hungry they would tear up the dough ball bait we use to feed them. Man it was straight out something from MAYBERRY YOU KNOW ANDY AND OPPIE SHIT. Back in the day there were two piece 12 foot long bamboo sticks now if you never caught a decent size bluegill on one of these you got to give it a try a boat load of fun. We use to use a little bobber and meal worms if I can recall. Its only been 35 years since I fished like this but those memories will never die. If you still want a more ghetto way to fish pick up a old beer tin can and tread it with some fishing line. This was another way we fished as kids. Now if you wanted a longer cast we would grab the tall boy tin can of beer. But this was only once you mastered the small can. LOL
    Till next time.

BP

9. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    He will be your best fishing partner. As for my waters, looks like I will get a window with weekend. I will be off for spring break so I have a kayak river fishing trip planned and also some offshore action. I just fixed my small boat so maybe some spearfishing if the nearshore reef waters are calm enough. Gas just hit $4.50 so the smaller boat is looking like a more econimical option for spring break.

10. j3dgu

j3dgu Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Whaler 190, 130
    I just used the cane pole and bread technique as few months ago to slay some Tilapia. Still very effective gear.:rofl:

11. marlinmike

marlinmike head rigger in charge

Name:
    MR.P
    Boat:
    6'4'' viking R. I. P.
    they look killer hey who do you gret your skirts from ??

12. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    I got those from J&M Tackle in Orange Beach. They are the not as big as Melton but they have a great skirt selection. I go back there then just mix and match what looks good. Thanks man!!!

13. Gaji Lures

Gaji Lures Member

Name:
    Allan
    Sole, sorry I did not see this post til now!!! Love the coupling nut action! Although the new addition has just arrived and that you will be occupied with moore important things than lures, this is still a great time to reflect back to what you have accomplished thus far and think of future plans for new creations. Also a good time to write down them ideas on color setup patterns and inner ballast designs.

You have come so far from where you initially started off and will get better real quick!

Take care and hope that everything is going well with mother and son!

14. jarredondo684

jarredondo684 Newbie

Name:
    Joe A
    I appreciate the encouragment Allan! All is well here with the new son and his mother. I have a couple heads that need a little sanding and polishing, but no new pours for a while. Plenty of time to reflect! Thanks again for your help and insights.