I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
image.jpeg

I'm just kidding. Not a super cow but it is my first one over 200 lbs. we didn't get it weighed as we came in late and just didn't care for it. We were just happy that all of our hunting and expericence has led us to this fish of a lifetime. Svue had already posted the report so all details are there. Hats off to my partners Svue and Barnes for a group collective effort.

The best advice I can give you is just keep going and don't give up. Learn from each trip and adjust accordingly. Trust me, ive had my fair share of defeat, skunk trips, and trophies lost, but consistency and being persistent is key.

As I've said before, I'm more of a lucky fisherman than a good one. I am no expert. Just very happy and humbled by these past few months.

Mission accomplished.

dorado50

Well-Known "Member"
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
I like your style !!!!!!:appl:

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Time and money spent.. Proper gear and attitude .. Paying close attention to conditions and constantly scanning the area for signs..honing techniques for both hooking and landing bigger fish... Also including the thousands of variables that go through your mind when deciding how to approach,what pattern to fish and a long list of many things that create a SKILL level that allow you to do what you do ...
I understand being humble and giving it up to the fishing gods but when success comes at a rate that makes your peers stand up and take note i believe luck has very little to do with it when you are as consistant and have as much success as anyone doing the same thing..
You may not want to acknowledge the amount of skill you have publicly which is a trait that people gravitate to but I believe luck is definitely not the deciding factor...great job!!

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Heck yeah! nice fish
Next time, hold your arms out straight and slightly bend your knees. It will look sooooooooooooo much bigger. :D
Damn Billy, even Wils all over ya now? We better get the popcorn? LOL LOL

Reactions: wils

muledeer07

Jun 30, 2008
USA
Name
Wade
Boat
None
Time and money spent.. Proper gear and attitude .. Paying close attention to conditions and constantly scanning the area for signs..honing techniques for both hooking and landing bigger fish... Also including the thousands of variables that go through your mind when deciding how to approach,what pattern to fish and a long list of many things that create a SKILL level that allow you to do what you do ...
I understand being humble and giving it up to the fishing gods but when success comes at a rate that makes your peers stand up and take note i believe luck has very little to do with it when you are as consistant and have as much success as anyone doing the same thing..
You may not want to acknowledge the amount of skill you have publicly which is a trait that people gravitate to but I believe luck is definitely not the deciding factor...great job!!
Amazing fish and season your having and X2 with what fishkilr posted

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
Apr 29, 2004
SD
Name
Al
Boat
25 skipjack -Albatross
That's a cow! in my book off your own boat...here in San Diego to boot...

ya...AWESOME!

Congrats and hope you get more.

Really glad to still read some success stories!

Longfin56

"Pass Me My Rifle!" - Russ Field, PH RSA
Jun 30, 2014
Bend, OR
Name
Longfin56
Boat
Vagabond!
BIG Congrat's Billy! Been watching your season and hats off on another superb job. What a STUD fish. fishkilr nailed it with his analogy... 'luck' is the product of developed skill set & hard work. Cheers!

abserd

BboyGadget
Apr 22, 2007
vista
Name
mathew (bboyGadget)
Boat
25' seaswirl 250 cuddy cab
Dude your killing mee. I been out 6 times with Nada but 8lb Bonito and a few lost.

What area did u get this fish?

abserd

BboyGadget
Apr 22, 2007
vista
Name
mathew (bboyGadget)
Boat
25' seaswirl 250 cuddy cab
BTW congrats on that monster on top of the other 5 land posts you have posted

Wild West

Wild West
Aug 7, 2003
Ventura
Visit site
Name
Bob
Boat
25 Skipjack SC
That thing looks wicked tuna big in that pic, nice fish! Looks like it takes some serious core strength just to hold that thing up like that for a photo!