Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Would love to see some more pics of the new boat!

Reactions: ysmoose

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Although a little extra length undeniably helps with the ride, everything else (most importantly hull form) being equal, but safety, rather than comfort, should be the guiding principle when venturing more than 5 or 10 miles offshore. In particular, freeboard and a self bailing cockpit are much more important from a safety perspective than length, since safety depends on keeping the boat from getting swamped.

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
Whoops, didn't see you bought already. Hopefully you went tundra.

I had an 1801. Loved it. Would do catalina some, but not a lot. You feel it the next day. I killed the yellows and did some tuna trips. I now have a 228 Seafarer and for anyone that says there isn't a big difference is officially off their rocker. My new to me boat handles so much better they aren't in the same universe.

However, it is way more cleaning and more gas. One thing is for sure, boat values are retarded and if the stay this way get the 1801 and sell it for what you bought for in two years if you want more. That being said, you should get the truck that will tow a bigger boat so you're Rw doubling down twice. Plus, more truck is simply safer on the road and you can get a truck camper that is bigger on a bigger truck.

Good luck

Reactions: ysmoose

ysmoose

Light weight baby!
Apr 17, 2013
Brea
Name
grant
Boat
Parker 1801
Whoops, didn't see you bought already. Hopefully you went tundra.

I had an 1801. Loved it. Would do catalina some, but not a lot. You feel it the next day. I killed the yellows and did some tuna trips. I now have a 228 Seafarer and for anyone that says there isn't a big difference is officially off their rocker. My new to me boat handles so much better they aren't in the same universe.

However, it is way more cleaning and more gas. One thing is for sure, boat values are retarded and if the stay this way get the 1801 and sell it for what you bought for in two years if you want more. That being said, you should get the truck that will tow a bigger boat so you're Rw doubling down twice. Plus, more truck is simply safer on the road and you can get a truck camper that is bigger on a bigger truck.

Good luck
Yes, I went with a 4x4 tundra.
I tried posting some pics, but won't let me. I've been exploring the long beach area but want to try la jolla and eventually catalina and coronado island. Can't wait to catch a YT on my own boat!