First attempt at Sequim halibut

Dec 17, 2011
Mukilteo/WA/USA
Name
Rayan
Boat
Cutwater 26 "Habibi's Absolute R&R"
Well my dad, buddy and I trailered the boat up to John Wayne for the weekend to take our first attempt at Halibut. We didn't see much being brought back in and it seems like the dogfish came in waves. I caught two of them in less than a minute of each other those dumb dogs. Despite it being a bad weekend of fishing we still drank plenty of beer and saw a grey whale which was cool. Sounds like next year we need to make the trip out to Neah!

SoCal Redneck

We don't have to drink the whole bottle!
Dec 30, 2011
Puyallup WA
Name
Daren
Boat
Bartender/fish cleaner for the Mojo
my limited experiance with seqium is that it's usually slower than neah and la push, but the fish I've caught there were generally bigger fish. 35-60 lbs with one 80-90 lber. Also fish much shallower there 145-160 feet so crankin em up is a breeze. plenty of beer is a must there, but see you had that covered.

tbick

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 27, 2009
Bremerton
Name
Todd
Boat
Fishn' DaWg Grady White 228
I fished la Push last Thursday/Friday then hung out at John Wayne Marina for about 2 hours Saturday sipping coffee and relaxing watching the ramp action. Kitsap Poggie Club had a halibut derby. Winner was 77lbs, 2nd place 56lbs. Not as many caught as la Push but some size. One guy at ramp said they got a 115lb earlier in day. Didn't see it though. Water looked nice out there(calm).

bushmanj85

The Dude in Juneau
May 9, 2013
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Jason B.
Boat
1998 Shamrock 220WA
I have been launching out of John wayne for the last 3 years and have had descent luck, i typically fish 200-350 feet though, dont like the shallow, i have always had nothing but dog fish in the shallow waters of sequim