Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC
The video shows a first attempt at marbling on my practice dowel. The pigments are all Voodoo dust that I picked up at Fisherman's Landing. At first I wasn't happy with it but now that it's later down a bit I like it better.

I also picked a jar of the voodoo mud and seemed to have problems with it. Either it was old, just bad, or needed a lot of heating up. The stuff was very stiff. I actually nuked it a few seconds and that kind of helped but I'm general it didn't perform like I was expecting. Does that stuff normally need a warm up session before use. Maybe a hot water bath?

Upvote 0

ED3

Almost A Member
Mar 21, 2016
California
Name
Eddie
Boat
Your Mom
I had a jar get pretty old and it did the same thing youre describing.
For what its worth, I dont care for the texture that the mud makes the epoxy, it tends to get stringy and gummy. I am saying that only in relation to they type of style I am generally after in my own marbling. It works well for other peoples technique/style, I am in no way bashing it. I like the consistency it gets after just letting it sit with the pigment stirred in, for 20 minutes or sometimes longer.

Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC
I went ordered some more pigments and mud from Casey/Voodoo a few days ago and they arrived today. He threw in an extra bottle of the mud and other goods.

Very much appreciated Casey!

I've got a couple of different base layers wrapped on the practice dowel and will be getting some practice in soon.

Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC

Here is the second attempt. Had two sections on the dowel ready with one the same blue base layer and the second a black base.

This is definitely more of the look I was shooting for. I'll be interested to see how it looks after it lays down a bit. Probably going to lay another coat of finish on in the morning just to see how it looks "all done". Then I'll shoot another short vid if the final result.

Happy to hear any and all thoughts, criticisms, or other suggestions.

Of yeah....the difference between fresh mud and old mud is a night and day kind of thing.

Upvote 0