First 30+ inch Speckled Trout

BlessedAngler

Dec 22, 2018
Port Isabel, Texas
Name
Edwardo Rodriguez Jr.
Boat
2013 15' Shallow Sport Classic / 1955 14' Sea King
The day started off with me and the family trolling outside the jetties hoping for some King Mackerel. That didn't last long before my youngest son started feeling sea sick. (He had a pretty big breakfast before heading out). Dropped them off at the Isla Blanca boat ramp and went solo. I hit just about every spot on the LLM. I finally found some speckled trout in Gas Well Flats (Oil Field Flats). Caught a few undersized trout before I managed my first keeper trout. Then a few minutes later I spotted the tip of a tail. My first thought was redfish but after a better look I realized it was a trout. My first cast landed across him so I was more concerned trying to maneuver the lure so it wouldn't get spooked. By the time I retrieved my line I had drifted right next to him. So I dropped my lure in front of him and gave it a twitch. Ended up catching my personal best Speckled Trout 31 1/4". Hope you all enjoy the video. God Bless!

GOPR2552.JPG

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I caught those when I lived there, I didn't know they got that big. That would eat anything we caught. Damm

Reactions: BlessedAngler

PescadoGrande

Aug 6, 2019
Texas
Name
Kat
Boat
25 DARGLE Kat
The day started off with me and the family trolling outside the jetties hoping for some King Mackerel. That didn't last long before my youngest son started feeling sea sick. (He had a pretty big breakfast before heading out). Dropped them off at the Isla Blanca boat ramp and went solo. I hit just about every spot on the LLM. I finally found some speckled trout in Gas Well Flats (Oil Field Flats). Caught a few undersized trout before I managed my first keeper trout. Then a few minutes later I spotted the tip of a tail. My first thought was redfish but after a better look I realized it was a trout. My first cast landed across him so I was more concerned trying to maneuver the lure so it wouldn't get spooked. By the time I retrieved my line I had drifted right next to him. So I dropped my lure in front of him and gave it a twitch. Ended up catching my personal best Speckled Trout 31 1/4". Hope you all enjoy the video. God Bless!

View attachment 1043271
Great video, congratulations on your catch, also like the way your boat is laid out, tight lines, stay safe and God Bless...