That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
So,

After 20 years of no problems this f'ing chipmunk bitch decides it's cool to enter my premises and "hang wid chall!" Attitude!

Not cool!!!!

It Entered into the crawlspace (and there is no sign of where it found egress believe me)

Then, It Tore down insulation from under the master bath, and continues to chew for the last 4 days.

I stepped lightly for the first couple days. Putting a camera under there and rat poison. Got my first look at the nemisis late on night 1 as the chipmunk moved the poison around but did not eat.

Day2 - called in to work and said I was staying home to rid this problem. Had a nice breakfast and some old man (squirrel whisperer) who handed me 4 peanuts from his pocket and said "I feed them, but you should go to tractor supply and get a live trap, hang these off the bait wire, and you will get the squirrel!"

So I did - NUH-UH

Not happening!

Day 3 - added new bait. Peanut butter mixed with quick oats.

Left for work waiting for the camera to film the trap

NUH-UH

Day4- got a second motion cam of the squirrel leaving as I turned on the shower. I also left 99.9 KISW blaring on the wall all day, POW tactics

After work, i Went to lowes for goodies and engaged in my war strategy. Like russel Crowe in 300.

In the 2'x2' area that is chewed to shit, I surrounded it with cardboard in the crawlspace. I set up 4 large sticky traps and 2 unbaited rat traps. I proceeded to squirt the entire area down with deer/rodent repellent. Then, I discharged 3 bug bombs off before filling the only escape route up with the live trap

60B623E0-6E14-405E-AFEA-D67550BD4E11.jpeg

Ran out to watch my victory!

NUH-UH

It never happened!

Did I run said squirrel off for good with KISW alone o_O??

Nope!

She's still chewing away tonight (day 5). I have placed calls with various exterminators.

Last edited:

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Hahahahaha. You’re getting your ass handed to you by a squirrel.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
1 escape route? Plug it off and watch him dehydrate.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I've had cameras watching the exterior since Monday. No motion on the outside of the house for 5 days now. I also sprinkled Ramick ground squirrel bait every 20' around the perimeter of the house. Apparently, they won't go for most baits but this one should get the job done.

Success will be mine, somehow

robodad

BullShitoligest
Mar 5, 2012
Port Angeles
Name
Allen
Boat
26' Olympic XLF
Blow a CO2 fire extinguisher in there, or set up one of those electronic buzzer things that work on their nervous system. Have had 2 of them in my shop for years and never seen a single mouse turd !!

richardp

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 4, 2011
Burlington WA
Name
Richard
Boat
2470 Pursuit 300 Yami
LOL. Thanks for the laughs!

Probably burrowed in the insulation somewhere and you will have to kill or relocate mama and babies here soon...

Last edited:

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
Check the roof for any holes in the south facing side. My brother had a family until I plugged the massive hole it made. If you didn't see it then there is another route it has taken. Or it's dead and you will know shortly as our warm weather increases. Good luck.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Check the roof for any holes in the south facing side. My brother had a family until I plugged the massive hole it made. If you didn't see it then there is another route it has taken. Or it's dead and you will know shortly as our warm weather increases. Good luck.
She was chewing Shit up this morning at 5am
:Death_To_Above:

Timely screen name BTW:daman:

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
These things breed fast, destroy shit, and make nests between the insulation. I’ve seen it get bad enough with urine and shit that the insulation had to be removed and reinstalled due to the urine....

It had to have access somewhere to get in, so search real well.... as stated above, check eves, roof line, etc.... they can get in the roof and then find a way down a wall... it has to be going in and out to eat and drink....

Good luck!

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
Damn, I feel your pain, though not as much. Wifey started feeding wild birds last year and the dropped seed brought ground squirrels into our yard. At first she thought they were "cute" until they started in on her heirloom tomatoes and everything else she planted that was producing fruit. I've dispatched seven of the f*ckers since last Sunday.

Reactions: One_Leg

Fish_on!

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 17, 2015
Oly
Name
Ben
Boat
18' Super Vee
@Fish_on! tell us a story. Did you have an issue with something in your walls and in your truck? Lol!
Yes and yes. Bout 20-30k into rodent damage at this point. Hopefully my truck will be back in operation soon.:finger:

Anybody got some free cats?

Reactions: mrfish11

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Yes and yes. Bout 20-30k into rodent damage at this point. Hopefully my truck will be back in operation soon.:finger:

Anybody got some free cats?
Homeowners ins should cover... you probably already know that...