Outhouse

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Feb 13, 2007
    Germantown, TN
    Name
    Jon Scobey
    Boat
    Titanic
    I'm very surprised that the Excel guys let that go. I just got off the Big E and every day that kept reminding us to have closed toe shoes on.

Upvote 0

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    I have a friend named "8 toes"

Just curious.... Which boat?

Upvote 0

The Bushman

The Bushman
    Mar 5, 2005
    El Cajon
    Name
    Ken Bush
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Unless someone was there, no once knows for sure that they fished wahoo in their "sandals"... this could have been taken while traveling, could have pulled a couple of hoos from the rsw and posed with them at any time. They look kind of "clean" to have just caught them in a wide open bite. Hopefully, they were wearing boots or covered toe shoes when they caught them.

Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
    May 19, 2006
    Crowley Lake, CA
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    Gone but not forgotten
    I think Ken is correct, they look to be a tad stiff. Also there is no blood on Dad's fish.

I was thinking the same as Lake, wearing open toed shoes and I am not in the picture.

Reactions: plj46 and jiggyn
    Upvote 0

M0nger

Nov 19, 2012
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    "JT" Jason
    Boat
    28' Carolina Classic "Dumb Luck"
    I thought you lost your sunglasses during the fight or when the deckhand stuck your hoo. You won't catch me with shoes!

image.jpeg

Upvote 0

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat
    none
    I don't know what your thing is but you won't make many friends with the other passengers when a trip gets cut short so the boat can head north to rondevous with the coast guard team sent to evac you. Or if a skipper moves away from wahoo fishing because the passengers refuse to follow the rules. Last trip I was on a guy was wahoo fishing barefooted and I had a crewman talk to him. Last thing I wanted was to spend hours keeping a guy from bleeding out. Some boats don't even allow anglers to hold up their own wahoo for pictures. Even dead ones are dangerous.

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
    Apr 27, 2003
    US/Mexico
    Name
    Choate
    Boat
    Islander
    Unless someone was there, no once knows for sure that they fished wahoo in their "sandals"... this could have been taken while traveling, could have pulled a couple of hoos from the rsw and posed with them at any time. They look kind of "clean" to have just caught them in a wide open bite. Hopefully, they were wearing boots or covered toe shoes when they caught them.
    Doesn't matter, slice you open dead. I wear flip flops on construction sites at times, cut with a Skilsaw in them, resting the board on my foot.
    Wear those things while wahoo are around? Not a chance.

Upvote 0

Anglewood

Up to no good...
    Feb 16, 2012
    Culver City, CA
    Name
    Connor
    Boat
    Intrepid, New Del Mar
    I don't know what your thing is but you won't make many friends with the other passengers when a trip gets cut short so the boat can head north to rondevous with the coast guard team sent to evac you. Or if a skipper moves away from wahoo fishing because the passengers refuse to follow the rules. Last trip I was on a guy was wahoo fishing barefooted and I had a crewman talk to him. Last thing I wanted was to spend hours keeping a guy from bleeding out. Some boats don't even allow anglers to hold up their own wahoo for pictures. Even dead ones are dangerous.

One thing I am sure you dread hearing: "Is there a doctor in the house?"

-Connor

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
    Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego North County
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Chelsea Rae
    Doesn't matter, slice you open dead. I wear flip flops on construction sites at times, cut with a Skilsaw in them, resting the board on my foot.
    Wear those things while wahoo are around? Not a chance.

Well said my Teva Brother

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Well said my Teva Brother
    Texas, Keen sandals, too. And just because you're wearing X-Tra Tuffs, don't think you're bulletproof.

Upvote 0

fishboy93

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 25, 2012
    West Coast
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    It floats
    Saw a kid slice his arm open at the dock while tacking a picture, ended up with something like 40 stitches. Seen many pairs or tufs turned into open toed shoes by a flailing hoo as well. Pretty stupid to be on deck in flip flops anytime they're around.

Upvote 0