Finally pulled the trigger on a parker.. dreams come true some times...

Big_Tuna_

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 3, 2017
San Diego
Name
Bigtuna
Boat Name
Parker 2310
Gotcha, now i know XLD is deep V.

On my parker 23 I put seaspension posts and some pompanette seats. Its downright luxurious. You won't regret seaspension posts

Reactions: Joeparker
Upvote 0

Long Beach Bob

May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat Name
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
...You should carry extra fuses for the engines, keep the alum window frames and wiper motor housings waxed and the window lock threads greased. Corrosion is the biggest issue on a cabin Parker. I also pull the side plate on the winch once a year and clean off salt and repack the gear grease plus scrape and grease the steering cables by the engine connections where salt causes steering problems.
...You should be able to sell it one day for what you paid for it or more..:)

Reactions: OutFishing2
Upvote 0

vipertom1970

Tuna Sniper
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat Name
2018 Parker 2320 SL
Did you have those F200 check out. They are known to have major internal corrosion problems from 2,000-2005 ?

Upvote 0

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat Name
Parker 2520 XL
I havent riden on a Mod V - some of the information I've read online is that the boat can slam in rough chop, is there any truth to that? I've also read that the Mod V is great or stable on the drift....
I have a 2520xl mod V with twin 150’s and permatrims installed. I love it. Super fuel efficient. I don’t get pounded like I have heard. It’s super stable at drift and doesn’t roll around like the deep V. My 2520 has 173 gallon tank so I have great range at 2.7 mpg.
IMG_3382.jpeg

Reactions: OutFishing2
Upvote 0

Joeparker

Sep 9, 2019
valley Center
Name
Yousif Seliskar
Boat Name
Parker2520
I’ve got a 2520 with a modified V just make sure you leave early when it’s glassy and come home with the wind at your back. Other than that if it gets choppy, just go slow. On the beanbags I’ve gotten the Walmart big Joe’s. They’re only like 20 or 30 bucks and they seem to hold up OK in the weather.
The modified V gets great gas mileage (I get about 2.1 miles per gallon with a single Suzuki 350 )compared to the deep v and is more stable , which is a good trade-off in my opinion. The pilot House, sure nice especially with the family compared to the cc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OutFishing2

Major Newb, with no reports
  • Nov 20, 2022
    SD
    Name
    Alejandro
    Boat Name
    Super panga
    First I will like to say that’s a Great Parker I’m thinking to get a 2520 with some Suzuki’s pushing since that’s what I’m currently using but Like how far out can you go from Mission Bay

Upvote 0

spooby

Aug 10, 2022
    Arizona
    Name
    Nick Mitchell
    I love the boat. Been out on 4 trips already this year. Last weekend we went out and got on some yellowtail, rock fish and bft. Hooked up on a bft on madmac but came off. Trip was right around 135 miles round trip on half a tank. Tanks 170 gallons

Upvote 0

Long Beach Bob

May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat Name
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    ...You want the bait tank as far forward as possible. Otherwise, the engine weight plus guys standing at the stern will likely put the scupper drains below the waterline. Also, clean and grease the window lock threads. Over time, corrosion will cause issues.
    ...and, don't forget a elec. Ace line hauler for lobster hooping, etc., etc, ad infinum...

Upvote 0