Offshore Finally got my first triple digit BFT, and finally won a jackpot!

fishnfoool

May 17, 2013
long beach
Name
Tony Nguyen
Boat Name
fishkillr
Did you give the jackpot to the crew?
Why would you ask that? That's a personal thing. I have always tipped well because I have worked as a valet and waiter in my past.
However, tipping is personal. I recommend not asking someone about what they tipped or trying to guilt someone into tipping more.
A tip is not mandatory. Giving the whole jackpot away as a tip is not mandatory.

Deadlift500

• Jan 12, 2022
    USA
    Name
    d
    Boat Name
    kayak
    Why would you ask that? That's a personal thing. I have always tipped well because I have worked as a valet and waiter in my past.
    However, tipping is personal. I recommend not asking someone about what they tipped or trying to guilt someone into tipping more.
    A tip is not mandatory. Giving the whole jackpot away as a tip is not mandatory.
    Good comments, by the way, in this case a 20% tip of the four day trip boat ticket price was more than the first place jackpot winnings of $280.

Reactions: Tom123
    Upvote 0

Deadlift500

• Jan 12, 2022
    USA
    Name
    d
    Boat Name
    kayak
    Outstanding fishing, and I like your take on tipping. Can you share with us what your tackle was?
    500 gram Mustad Rip Roller, greenish glow in the dark solid color, bought prerigged with assist hooks and about a three foot leader of 200lb test line attached to a big swivel from Fisherman’s Landing. Tied with a San Diego Jam Knot to braid, no top shot, the braid was Jerry Brown 100lb test red white and blue. Rod was a West Coast Penn Carnage 7 footer rated 80-150, reel was Penn Visx 20. Fish bit on the retrieve while I reeling up as fast as I could.

Reactions: terryc.
    Upvote 0