Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    Leaving this morning to head South to finally get out and go fishing for 6 wonderful days with Ray and the AA crew. Haven’t soaked a bait since My 10 day in December and had major shoulder surgery the next week. Lots of lost sleep, pain, rehab and working out and I finally get to put the good Doctors work to the test.

Hoping Ray points the bow South and beelines to the Rocks but no word from Lori yet so I had to bring more gear than I wanted just in case. This is when having a truck comes in handy

Wish us luck and if you’re on the trip I’ll see you on the dock Sunday morning

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat Name
    Long range fishing
    Good luck Dan. You so well deserve this trip. Now go test those doctors. If I were a betting man I would say those doctors fixed you up to go after those speedy Wahoo and those hard pulling Yellowtail. There are tuna at the rocks now. 20-40 ponders

Reactions: Yellowtail Dan

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    Good luck my Brother. I think time spent on the water with good friends...and the chance for nice fish...should set your mind at ease. Your not 20 anymore.... so don't let your desire to show how well or quickly you heal...with the need to quietly hurt yourself due to pride. I think you'll have fun either way. Good luck...and fish karma for you!!

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Go get ‘em, Dan! Sure hope you get your wish and make it south far enough to get into some Wahoo fishing and some of that quality YFT we’ve been seeing in reports.

Just under 3 weeks for me before getting back on the Angler.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Mendomike

Apr 1, 2022
    Weimar, Ca
    Name
    Mike Ayers
    Boat Name
    Don’t own a boat
    Please post how your trip went. Steve K and I have 8 day trips on the AA in the next 2-3 weeks and good information is really helpful. I’m bringing everything in my arsenal due to “anything can happen” on 8+ day trips.
    Good luck 🍀👍. I know how exciting these trips are .

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    Please post how your trip went. Steve K and I have 8 day trips on the AA in the next 2-3 weeks and good information is really helpful. I’m bringing everything in my arsenal due to “anything can happen” on 8+ day trips.
    Good luck 🍀👍. I know how exciting these trips are .
    Will do

Upvote 0

Toadpole

Toad
    Aug 7, 2017
    Yreka
    Name
    Jim Todd
    Boat Name
    State of Jefferson kayak
    Good luck Dan. Shoulder surgery sucks. I’ve been there. You will be fine. Just be careful not to bump in to anything.

Upvote 0

Joe-in-MN

Fishing from 40 below to 120 above..
    Sep 10, 2017
    minnesota
    Name
    Joseph Koep
    Boat Name
    American Angler , Ice Castle Fish House
    Best of luck Dan!!! Tell the crew Minnesota says what's up. My buddy should be on your trip Chris terrible person who is a Packers fan. Wounded soilders by the case in your truck I bet.

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    Best of luck Dan!!! Tell the crew Minnesota says what's up. My buddy should be on your trip Chris terrible person who is a Packers fan. Wounded soilders by the case in your truck I bet.
    Will do Joe, we need to get you out for this one. We’ll see you in November again this year right?

Reactions: Steve K
    Upvote 0