Freshwater Final...final... final Westport (john's river) trip

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
Jul 5, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Dave
Boat
Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
Fished (John's River) last Friday for the final trip of the season! Just myself and the best little fisherman-girl around.

Didn't even get to marina until 2pm. put 20 gal of gas in boat.... used 6 herring and 4 chovy's my daughter caught off dock. Went over to boundary line of John's River.... Within 5 min a HUGE coho! My daughter even reeled it half-way in; until it went nuts jumping all over and she ran into cabin! (She did come back out and clear the other rod from the water... I'm still amazed she's only 4 and she knows what to do (more importantly, what NOT to do!)

For one hour we hooked 5 fish.... released one nice "teen" King.... lost one beast coho at boat! ended season with 3 coho for us two! two of them caught on her "chovy's" with helmets......

THANKS TO WHOMEVER PUT OUR KILL BAGS AWAY FOR ME! I left them sitting on the front of boat!

Filled out 3 full salmon punch cards.... and all but 4 were from Westport. Salmon fishing was awesome.... only used riggers 2 times whole season. I counted 14 kings on our two cards....

Thanks to all who helped when Co-captain went on baby hannibal watch!

Boat cleaned (almost too clean, needs blood!!!) and ready for off season projects!

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

cleanboat.jpg

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Nice late season ho! What did the big one weigh?

Good for you getting the 4yo out. I'm teaching my 5 yo how to drive the boat on troll, put the engine in nuetral, hold the net. She can't quite clear lines yet!

Tim

Reactions: Brabo1432
Upvote 0