Fight fans....McGregor vs Khabib...it's almost time!!!!

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
7 days from today, this fight will finally happen....lets hear your predictions from those of you who have interest.

All along I have been saying that this would be a bad match for McGregor, as ive felt the Rusians ground game is just to solid! Khabib just smothers guys once he gets them down and in his space....he's just relentless!

Well guess what, all that still holds true, but I've now changed my mind on my pick for this fight. My pick is going to McGregor.....I think that solid left of his will find a sweet spot and put the hurt and wobble Khabib sometime before the end of the 2nd round.....then again I might be horribly wrong, but I guess we will know come October 6th.

So lets hear it....who's your pick in this fight?

My computer has been down for weeks ( ATT sucks!!), so hopefully this makes it through once I hit post. Alright guys, seen a bunch of needless anger on here lately...lets keep it chill huh.....save the fights for the ring! I'm heading off to Temecula in 3 hours to watch a big cage fight event. Any of you guys remember UFCs Dan (Hendo) Henderson? Me and a few friends got hooked up with some killer VIP seats, sitting up with Hendo himself. Can't wait...should be fun!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Reactions: mainline23
Upvote 0

calicopro

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 20, 2003
La Mesa
Visit site
Name
Larry
Boat
17' Boston Whaler Montauk.... "Chocolate Bass"
This is a tough fight to call as both guys are so skilled in their particular strengths. This is a vintage striker vs. grappler match.

That being said, I see Khabib grinding this out in the fourth. I think Conor's weak gas tank will fail him, and he will spend lots of time on his back.

Conor obviously has a great chance to sleep Khabib as he rushes in for takedowns. But I don't see Khabib being ill prepared for this particular possibility.

One interesting aspect to this fight is how much Conor will throw teep (sp?) type kicks towards the stomach and chest area. Similar to what he did to Chad Mendes. If Conor can use those kicks as effectively against Khabib, then this will be an even more intriguing fight.
My .02 cents

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
5 more days and we will find out. :D

One a side note, make sure to watch a semi newcomer Sean O'Malley. He will be fighting the 1st fight on the main event card. This guy is one of my favorites to watch now....just a skinny wirey dude who puts on a show nearly every time! This guy has a full arsenal of tricks. He throws kicks, punches, elbows, you name it, and with speed n accuracy.

Upvote 0

deluxe247

May 22, 2009
Westminster, CA
Name
Tim
Boat
Yours
That's cool you get to hang out with Dan Henderson, probably still has that H-bomb too.

Although it's hard betting against Connor, 'm picking Khabib. Connor can sleep anyone if he catches them, but after seeing what Chad Mendes did to him on a weeks notice I envision a loooong night for him.

BTW, Sugar Sean O'Malley is out due to a USADA violation - failed drug test:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...ces-hes-failed-usada-drug-test-out-of-ufc-229

Upvote 0

mainline23

Jul 9, 2007
san diego
Name
mark
Boat
-
HOLY SHIT I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS CARD!!!!!

O’Malley fight canceled due to USADA....

If Khabib and CMac actually end up fighting and no one has any weight cutting problems I see Khabib getting touched up but being able to grab ahold of Conor and pull him down where the beating should commence.
I don’t think Conor hits as hard as people think- he is a TKO artist not a KO artist. His only true KO is against little Aldo. He couldn’t even wobble a 40 year old guy who only weighed 149 pounds in his last fight.....

Reactions: cortezpirasea
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
That's cool you get to hang out with Dan Henderson, probably still has that H-bomb too.

Although it's hard betting against Connor, 'm picking Khabib. Connor can sleep anyone if he catches them, but after seeing what Chad Mendes did to him on a weeks notice I envision a loooong night for him.

BTW, Sugar Sean O'Malley is out due to a USADA violation - failed drug test:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...ces-hes-failed-usada-drug-test-out-of-ufc-229

Oh man....ya gotta be kidding me! Well that's a major bummer for me.....I was totally looking forward to his fight big time.

Yeah, we had great time in Temecula on Saturday night. Hendo was awesome and such a cool nice guy. His training facility was very impressive....super nice place, and the fights that night were great!!

Thanks for passing on the info, even though it wasn't the best of news for me to hear.

Reactions: deluxe247
Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
I hope Khabib knocks that cocky fucker out...…...they should let him utilize whatever was thrown at the bus to finish that p.o.s. off.

money maker or not, Mcgregor is about to get fucked.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Speaking of Dan (Hendo) Henderson,,,,, Foxs Sports is profiling him right now and about to show Henderson vs Bisping 2. ;)
2 days ago with Hendo
20180929_214954-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Ok, We're just two days away, and tomorrow are the weigh ins.....fingers crossed no missed weights by Conor or Khabib, or either guy getting injured before Saturdays fight...... I've been waiting long for this one lol

Upvote 0

mainline23

Jul 9, 2007
san diego
Name
mark
Boat
-
These guys are both on track to make weight no problem- they both look ready to fight but I personally think Conor is underestimating this Dagestani mauler....he’s talking about walking through Khabib and headlining UFC 230. And he is totally serious.....

It is going to be one hell of a fight that is for sure- and I’m SUPER PUMPED!!!!

Reactions: ?? fisherman
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
These guys are both on track to make weight no problem- they both look ready to fight but I personally think Conor is underestimating this Dagestani mauler....he’s talking about walking through Khabib and headlining UFC 230. And he is totally serious.....

It is going to be one hell of a fight that is for sure- and I’m SUPER PUMPED!!!!

That's just Conor for ya bro! :cool:

And he just recently signed a 6 fight contract too!

Upvote 0

mainline23

Jul 9, 2007
san diego
Name
mark
Boat
-
Yep that’s Conor for sure and that’s why he is 2-2 in his last 4 fights......Hahahaha

He signed a 6 fight deal but that doesn’t mean he will fight 6 more times. He is just under contract for 6 more fights.

Upvote 0

mainline23

Jul 9, 2007
san diego
Name
mark
Boat
-
McGregor weighs in at 154.5- we have a fight!!!!

I’m super excited that this event is actually taking place!!!

Big advantage to Khabib- he never had to deal with Conors antics and pre-fight talk during a press conference. There was no crowd allowed at the first presser in NYC. And just yesterday Khabib left after 15 minutes so he never even saw McGregor. Mental warfare is a HUGE part of McGregors fight game. Not doing a big publicity tour for this fight might actually end up hurting the UFC’s golden child.....

Reactions: ?? fisherman
Upvote 0

Hooops

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
I'm betting for sure - there is only 2 options that are going to happen:

Khabib Nurmagomedov wins in second round +550
Khabib Nurmagomedov wins in third round +650

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Conor has gotten into khabibs head.....how much, and will it be enough....tomorrow night we will know.

So check this out. My buddy and his wife were going to get tickets to this fight (they are fairly well off) and were looking at seats in the 3rd row from cageside or closer. Years ago they went to the Mcgegor vs Aldo fight, and sat 3rd row and paid 4k per ticket, whick I personally think is crazy!

Well they called the 1st day tickets went on sale, and at first the tickets for the seats they wanted were listed for 4,500 each. They talked it over and were going to go for it, but then were told those seat prices were raised from 4,500 each to.......... are ya ready for this? Hang on to your hats cause this is ridiculous (as if 4,500 wasn't bad enough).

Prices went up from 4500 each, to 14,000 each....28,000 for 2 tickets!! Pure insanity!

So needless to say, they bailed on buying those tickets, and now they will be watching with me lol. And to top it off, those 14k per seat tickets sold out real quick like!

Tomorrow is going to be fun ;)

Upvote 0

mainline23

Jul 9, 2007
san diego
Name
mark
Boat
-
Hahahaha Mikey- Conor is only in YOUR head. Nurmagomedov could give two shits about Conor’s talk or bullshit antics. Khabib is cool as a cucumber- totally opposite of Aldo or Alvarez.

Khabib is in EVERY McGregor fans head!!!!

Reactions: calicopro
Upvote 0

calicopro

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 20, 2003
La Mesa
Visit site
Name
Larry
Boat
17' Boston Whaler Montauk.... "Chocolate Bass"
Totally agree. If you rewatch the first press conference where fans were not allowed Conor looked like he was reaching, he seemed unhinged like almost on drugs or something. He couldn't shake Khabib no matter what outlandish shit he spouted. Khabib looks just as calm in their stare downs as Floyd Mayweather did.

I'm not saying that Conor won't lose, I'm just saying he is DEFINITELY not in Khabib's head.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Conor is definitely in Khabibs head, no doubt about it. How much he is, and if it's enough to make Khabib fight more out of reckless anger and sway from his game plan....who really knows there. All I know is I can't wait for this match to take place tonight.....top striker vs top ground guy.....both great fighters, it should be good!

Upvote 0