feedback requested on Ocea Jiggers

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
It's the same reel just narrower. 16na,16a,20a,30a are the same just different widths. Don't know about saltigas

Heartoak

Jun 13, 2018
Coto
Name
Jeff
Boat
none
I finally had the chance to use one of the JDM OJ 1500 HG with a Fall lever last week. Man is that a sweet reel. Silky smooth. ALL the features work better than I had hoped for. It sold itself in the first 10 minutes I used it.
Got one on the way right now. It will be paired up with a very nice long fall rod. Can't wait to hammer 'um with it!!!
Jeff

Reverendpdp

Jun 10, 2016
People's Republic of South Florida
Name
D Penton
Boat
Not Yet
I finally had the chance to use one of the JDM OJ 1500 HG with a Fall lever last week. Man is that a sweet reel. Silky smooth. ALL the features work better than I had hoped for. It sold itself in the first 10 minutes I used it.
Got one on the way right now. It will be paired up with a very nice long fall rod. Can't wait to hammer 'um with it!!!
Jeff
Yea I know what you mean. I used the OJ 1500 last month, and was amazed at the smoothness and power of such a small package. Now I'm looking for something in between the 1500 and 2000 sizes...

benwah22

Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Now, between 2000 and 4000 sizes, I get that

benwah22

Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
I know this thread is about OJs, and I hope this is not highjacking, but I have not been able to get responses on how the Saltiga Star drag reels SASD 15, 20, 30, and 35 compare size-wise to the OJs...
Anyone been able to compare their sizes?
Given that you've already mentioned that you're looking for something more palmable, I would recommend going to a store that stocks them to actually hold the reel rather than rely on internet strangers. I think you will get a better idea with first hand experience holding them.