Pescador Paul

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
I have been tasked with putting together a one day fishing trip for the office I work out of. The Grande has a couple of overnight trips this summer that would work from a scheduling perpsective. I would like to get feedback on this boat from some folks who have fished it.

Thanks,

Paul

caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
It's big ...it's wood ...and it catches fish. Do it ... nothing wrong with this boat and the captain is fishy.

have fun

Reactions: jer dog

michelle

-
Admin
Mar 3, 2014
Name
michelle
Boat
submarine
I love James! You couldn't pick a nicer captain!!!

King Halibut

BigBoy
Sep 11, 2008
Buena Park, Calif
Name
Dave
Boat
none
Been on it once and I'll never go back.
Mind you it was probably 6 or 7 years ago but the captain on that trip almost had a mutiny on his hands. It was a 1 1/2 or 2 day pelagic trip that turned into a rock fish trip without even fishing for yellows/fin etc.
Captain never came out of the wheelhouse even when we got back to the landing, customers were yelling to him to come out but he sat in there with the door locked and the deckhands standing guard.
I'm just sayin' that was my experience.

KH

moezmoe

Dead Magic
Aug 23, 2004
San Diego
Name
Moe
Boat
The one im on
Cant go wrong with Grande, or New Lo Ann or Condor, if your looking for real easy no fee parking, Aztec out of Seaforth.

salty brain

Nothing but salt between the ears
Sep 25, 2012
OC
Name
Dave
Boat
what ever floats
Ive only ridden the grande a few times, but it was a nice boat, cap and crew good know what they were doing, overall great experience and hung fish. have no problem jumping on again. go for it.

DoradoJ

Jul 6, 2013
Norwalk, CA
Name
Jesse
Boat
La Orizaba
The boat is big which makes it very comfortable to fish especially if you have a lot of people in your office that have never fished. Also the galley is big so plenty of people can sit in. The crew and captain go above and beyond to make sure you have a good time and catch fish.